SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erinsfigs

My collection, and questions

erinsfigs
8 years ago

Hi all! So, my UC Davis cuttings came in April, and instead of starting them right away, I decided to chill them for a few more weeks. They are doing FABULOUS now, and are in clear cups in my covered patio. Leaves and figs are pushing out on all of them, so far. Here's what I'm growing:

Panachee (3), Conadria (2), Flanders (3), Mary Lane (3), Beall (3), Pastiliere (1), St. Jean (1), Violette de Bordeaux (1), Kadota 1 (1), Grosse Monstruesse de Lipari (3), Cole de Dame (1), Osborn Prolific (3), King (3), Giant Amber (3), Castle Kennedy (2)

I'm going to try and place another order to get the Black Madeira and Malcom's Super Giant that didn't come with this order. I guess they were out.

At any rate, I'm still looking for Sal's and other giants. So my questions are:

1.) Does anyone know if UCD has a number associated with Sal's? If so, would you share it?

2.) What would you suggest for my collection for "giants"? And if those are supplied by UCD, do you know the number? I have a thing for the really huge figs! :)

3.) Size aside, what would you suggest for absolute best tasting that I don't already have? And if those have a UCD number, what is it?

4.) Is anyone here espaliering their trees? If so, would you share photos and techniques? I know the Japanese do it with great success. I just don't know how.

When the roots start to show, I'd be happy to trade some of my extras for cuttings if anyone is interested?

Thanks in advance, for all the help! This is the beginning of my fig orchard, which will go in the ground upon my husband's retirement from the military, (when we make our final move, that is).

Comment

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County