SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephan_luckett

Pluot Hedge Row Suggestions and Front Fruit Tree Landscape Suggestions

Stephan Luckett
8 years ago

Hello,

This winter I will be buying a lot of pluot trees for a hedge row I'm going to be planting. Below are some pictures I've drawn up for the "idea" I'm going for. Should I cram them in there like the first drawing or space them out more like the second drawing. I'm going for as much variety as possible with the longest harvest season I can get. I will be getting practically every variety available of Dave Wilson "Zaiger" that they have released for the public. I'll also be building a planter box that size to add about a foot and a half of soil on top of the native soil to give these trees as nice a home as possible.

Those varieties would include: (in no particular order)

Flavor Grenade

Flavor King

Flavor Supreme

Dapple Dandy

Flavor Queen

Splash

Emerald Drop

Flavor Finale

Geo Pride

So here are some more questions. Should I throw some different plum trees in the mix, like burgandy or superior, for pollination and to add variety? Here's the biggest kicker: I live in Missouri, zip is 63366, about 40 mins west St. Louis. That is "old zone 5b", "new zone 6a" should I chance it with all the pluots since half of them are for zone 6 and half say zone 5. I only live 45 mins from StarkBro's Nursey and have a huge selection at hands reach. But I will be buying all my trees from groworganic.com and baylaurelnursey.com as they carry the pluots I'm after.

Sorry this is such a long post.

Secondly I want some fruit tree's in my front yard as well. I already have a "Stark Donut/Saturn Peach tree in my flower bed. The 3rd picture shows where I want to plant 2 more fruit trees. I'm open to suggestions as I am not 100% set on what I want to plant there yet. But definitely a nectarine. I have a potted Early White Giant Peach tree from StarkBros and a potted 5 in 1 fruit salad tree from Dave Wilson I will probably be giving away since I don't have a place to put them in the ground.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post.

I hope fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX responds, I've read a lot of your stuff to get where i'm at now with my decisions.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting