SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcc371

ROUND ROBIN Seed Box 2

mcc371
8 years ago

Hello Everyone,

We had so much fun with the Round Robin Seed box that we are going to do another round. So I will be taking signups for this round until Sunday at midnight July 12th. Box will go out Monday morning.

Here are the Rules:

Will take signups and then we will start the Robin on his Flight.

1. No more then 2 pks of one kind of seed can be used. Acceptable seeds are Vegetables, Flowers, Herbs, Trees.

2. No old seeds please

3. no seeds that are molding or wet.

4. Make sure you replace seeds that you taking out of the Round Robin.

5. Label each seed pack

Plant name:

Sun/Shade:

Hardyness if you know it

Your Houzz/GW username

Specify if the seeds are from your garden/Commercial/trade

6. Please make sure that all seed packets are sealed good so that the seeds don't come out of the packets.

7. Make sure that each player messages me their mailing address, email address, and phone number.

8. Please make sure that you are watching for the Round Robin. When it is near your time to receive the Round Robin that you let the group know

9. Make sure that if you have received the round Robin that you tell the group.

10. There will be a tracking number on the box, please post it so everyone can track it.

11. Post in the rate and review exchange for the person you received it from.

12. Have fun!! Games will be posted after the robin leaves.

Have a beauiful day!

Tammy

Comments (93)

• heavenlyfarm
    8 years ago

Yay! Cant wait! I'm next :)

~michael

heavenlyfarm

• Debra Andruska
    8 years ago

Michael, it was mailed today as promised. It should be there Wednesday. 9505 5121 5033 5215 0294 81

Tammy,

Thanks so much for being such a fantastic swap hostess! The RR was so much fun. I had to look up a few things! :)

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Maineiac Seed Round Robin

Q

Comments (1)
    sign ups? the robin is schedualed to fly on June 1 or about! Remember this is seeds only.
    ...See More

Round Robin Seed Box

Q

Comments (131)
    update~ jodie74 (jodie) Mentor, OH ---been and gone yorktownpatty (patty)- Yorktown, VA ---been and gone roper2008 (Linda)- Virginia Beach, VA ---been and gone Flowergirl34 (Vina)- Weedsport, NY ---been and gone hibiscusfan (Suzanne) Ft. Jennings, Ohio---been and gone poisondartfrog (Alana) Barbourville, KY----been and gone nottougly (Faye) Cleveland, TN---been and gone debbya (Deb) Bridgeview, IL--- been and gone Dan the mailman (Dan) Traverse City, MI---been and gone micyrey ( Michelle) Taylor, MO--- Been sent ilovefarac (Melinda) Green Forest, AR-- Been sent patti 1957 (patti) Eagle point, OR Been jshipway (Jennifer) Oakland, MD Jennifer
    ...See More

Sign-up for Round Robin 2

Q

Comments (57)
    Hi Jennifer, The Robin flew in for a icy landing in Ohio today with lots of snow and extreme cold to greet it! But what a nice little box filled full of promises of spring! I found a few packets of seeds that I liked, but I didn't take the whole packs so someone else could enjoy some of them. I will be adding my little baggy too, but unfortunately there is no way I can mail the box tomorrow because of meetings at work. But rest assured it will fly out to Maryland on Wednesday. I'll post here again with the tracking number after I've mailed it. Thanks so much for coordinating this Robin Jennifer!
    ...See More

Anybody interested in doing a Round Robin seed box

Q

Comments (13)
    I would be interested in it! When I first started here at GW, this is about the only type of round robin done. Miss them! But, I would also limit to a small amount as it does take time! Melinda
    ...See More
  • Debra Andruska
    8 years ago

I forgot to mention.. Very nice selection of seeds! I had fun going through them! I LOVE true Round Robins!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Deb glad you had fun with the seeds I am the same way always looking up stuff. Hope your plants are surviving, here in texas it has been very hot and my plants aren't do so well have moved some under trees trying to give some shade.

stay cool.

• heavenlyfarm
    8 years ago

Yay! I can't wait!! I work 12-8 on Wednesday so I hopefully will have time to go through them at some point and get it out Thursday morning if all goes well!!

Tammy, it is very hot here in PA too!!! No rain for over a week and its already in the 90s which we don't usually start seeing till this month! I must admit, I suck at watering come Summer time with pots and I lost my prized swiss giant pansies (I got these in your last swap I believe and thought they would make a great hanging basket) and my sweet peas were shriveled up! Last year, the sweet peas did so good with the cool spring weather but this year, it got too hot too fast! :( I am gonna buy or hunt down those pansies tho again! I want to try them again next year and hopefully save seeds this time around(if i can keep well watered that is lmao).

Happy gardening everybody!

~Michael :)

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Hi Tammy

I am next after Michael (robin on it's way to him as we speak) and cant wait! I sent a message to Michael yesterday to let him know I will be out of town for the coming weekend (Friday-Monday), but can give him an alternate address where I will be so I can receive Robin and not hold it up if it will arrive during this time! If you want, i will also send you my alternative address for this weekend. Just let me know!

Part of the fun of Robin is finding new things you never heard of and have to look up....exposure to new and exciting varieties, as well as getting "good stuff" you've been wanting! :0)

Stay cool every one ... thunderstorms here in the North east today. We could use some rain, tho!

• gardengirl37232
    8 years ago

Michael, those Swiss giant pansies are gorgeous. Now I want some!

• Debra Andruska
    8 years ago

Very hot in Chicago too. Some of my plants are turning crispy, and we had a lot of rain so far! It's been in the 90's for a few weeks, that's all it takes! I'll be glad when it cools off. I have a ton of yard work to do- and it's sooo hot to do it! I love Fall, fixing up the yard with scarecrows, pumpkins.. colorful yard decorations, etc. AND COOLER temps! :)

The pansies are beautiful! Love them!!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Love those pansies Michael!!! I will be on the lookout for them too!!

Michael has 3 days to go thru seeds if it arrives on Wednesday so that puts it to mailing on Saturday and if his post office is like mine closed it would then be mailed on Monday.

I just don't want Michael to feel rushed that he has to go thru the seeds Wednesday night after work to get them back in mail Thursday.

i would rather it not be mailed to a different address as if it didn't arrive when it should due to weekend then it would need to be mailed out to you again. Michael can just mail it Monday and it will give him time to research if he needs to.

Thanks Val for keeping in touch and letting me know ahead of time.

Everyone have a beautiful evening, and stay cool!

Tammy

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Tammy,

I'm glad you posted what you did about giving more than a day to someone to go thru the robin and not feeling rushed. Getting the robin is always SO much fun to go thru, and I know we all relish doing so.

Monday mailing (or Sat) sounds great to me, Tammy and Michael!

Michael, the pansies are gorgeous. I WS'd some (tho not giants, they are lovely). When they started to bloom later in June, I was thrilled...but I'd always heard pansies dont like hot weather. Input anyone? My wintersowed ones are in a large pot under a big oak tree and still blooming nicely.

It was a double rainbow kind of day (after thunderstorms, hail, flash flooding and tornado warnings this afternoon) Too bad the phone wires monopolized a good part of the photo!

• Debra Andruska
    8 years ago

It's so hard to go through it quickly. I do agree, a RR- has to be kept on track. No one can have it for any "LONG" amount of time. I've hosted many of the true RR- seed type boxes/ pick whatever you want/replace! Either in a bubbled envelope or priority box. We used to ADD tons of things to the seeds, hand made soaps, lotions, gardening gloves, macrame plant hangers- whatever you can think of 'as extra gifts' to make it fun, and to make more join, it's kind of nice 'simplified'. And it was so much fun-- seriously, with just seeds. A few days, is nothing as long as you have a reliable 'player' to ship the box out with in a few days. :) It takes time to sort/pick- and search..

• heavenlyfarm
    8 years ago

Tammy,

Sounds good and thank you!!!! Especially so, because of another manager having medical emergency, they asked me to start at 9am....lol I am crying right now inside!!! Now I am working 9am to probably 8pm if it is busy!!! I have to also open the next day at 4am lol....But thankfully, I have this swap to come home too! :) I can't wait and I must agree on doing older swaps! I just came across the Gardener of the Month Swap on here (I remember back when it was being planned) and would love to know how its going! It sounded so neat and old fashion with seeds, gifts and generosity!

Val, I shot you an email before reading the thread but yes, I will aim for Friday or Saturday if that is okay with everyone :)

~michael

P.S. We had terrible lightening last night but only a few drops of rain here....its so weird here! Lol

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Michael, I hope at some point you find some rest time. Just let us know when you get the box and a friday or saturday mailout is fine. I think Val just wants to make sure it arrives when she is home and that is good.

I am in the Gardener of the month swap and it has been great, I am the last one to go as my month is September and then I think Deb was going to see if anyone wanted to do another six months. I have really enjoyed seeing all the neat things everyone has gotten in that swap. You should go look at the pictures!! Deb is also a great hostess, I have been in several of hers in the past and always lots of fun. If she does another one you should join.

Everyone stay cool and have a beautiful day,

Tammy

• heavenlyfarm
    8 years ago

I got the seed box!!!!!! :)

I actually got out at 7 and I'm exhausted but I came home to the package :) ahhh so many seeds to look through! I am gonna try to get through them tonight and add in my stuff tomorrow :)

Tammy, I'm gonna try to write the light requirements on my seed packets but my username is already visible on the seed instructions I have in each packet if thats okay? Also, sound like a great swap and I will check out previous months soon and pics!!! :)

Thanks everyone and special thanks to anyone whos seeds I take out of the box! Thank you :)

~michael

• Debra Andruska
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Light requirements.. Wow.. :) Take some of the 'bulbets" so equivalent to seeds--- of the "Orange Magic" Oriental lily. I LOVE them.. Let me post a pic..

• Debra Andruska
    8 years ago

• Debra Andruska
    8 years ago

White roots are the first hint they are ready to go.... :)

• Debra Andruska
    8 years ago

Lots of boston ivy in the background. I get seeds from it- in the Fall. Tons of blueberry looking seeds.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Michael the instructions you include in your packets are pretty good instructions. Glad you got the box and now get some rest 4am comes early!! Lol! Sweet dreams of seeds.. Ha!

• heavenlyfarm
    8 years ago

Hey everyone!

Thanks Tammy :) I managed to catch up on sleep last night for once tho I am still tired! lol

I went through the box on Wednesday and Thursday night and sent it out today! :)

Here is the tracking #

9114 9999 4431 3663 4443 24

Estimated Delivery is on Monday Val :)

Thanks for the great seeds! :)

~Michael

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Just got the robin; got home early today, so time to go thru it tonight and plan to get it mailed out tomorrow!

Will you keep you all posted!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Val glad you got the robin, Its like Christmas going through the seeds.

Cassondra get ready you will be receiving the robin next.

Have a beautiful evening everyone!

Tammy

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

I will be mailing the robin out tomorrow before the end of the day. Will try and get out on my lunch hour for tracking number; otherwise it will go at 5. Will post tracking number tomorrow

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this robin, Tammy. I got some goodies and added some things I hope that others will enjoy.

Val

• Cassondra Wilmoth
    8 years ago

SO EXCITED

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Cassondra,

Hang in there a few more days. Box mailed today, it's headed your way!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Val do you have the tracking number? if so can you please post it so we can track it. Thanks for getting the box out fast. Hope you enjoyed the robin and found a few seeds you wanted.

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago
    tammy, o sent u a private message; got held up in a meeting and the office gal took box to mail w other mail...told her I needed a tracking # if she was mailing it but she just dropped it in parcel drop inside po...so sorry...should have mailed it myself next day; However if cassondra is 2 day priority from me, she should get it today.
  • Cassondra Wilmoth
    8 years ago

Got the box today going through it tonight at work

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago
    thank 4 letting us kno Cassondra! hope u find lots of goodies
  • mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Cassondra glad you received it. Have fun! It always feels like my birthday or Christmas when I get happy mail!!

Sguanzon you are up next.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Cassondra have you mailed the robin out yet? If so please post your tracking number so we can track it to sguanzon.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Cassondra messaged me this morning and the package is being mailed today, she will post the tracking number she said.

So Sguanzon (Sue) get ready you are up next. Yay!!!!

Have a beautiful day!

Tammy

• sguanzon
    8 years ago

I'm ready - just let me know when it's flying!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sue, I think it left there Thursday . She hasn't posted a tracking number yet so I am not sure if Cassondra did mail it. Hopefully she will post so we will know.

Thanks for checking in.

Tammy

• sguanzon
    8 years ago

I got it. But there wasn't anything there I really needed - where do I send it next?

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

I think I'm next, Sue.

• sguanzon
    8 years ago

I contributed a few but I think this robin with need a bigger box next time it flies! Thanks for letting me participate! It will be on it's way today, Erica.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes Erica is up next. There should have been labels in the box. Sue, if you dont have Erica's address I will message it to you.

After Erica the robin flies home to me. Hope everyone has enjoyed something from the box and had a great time.

• Smugung
    8 years ago

Just curious when would seed box 3 be?

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Smugung - It will be probably in a month or two we are going to take a break and do another in the fall or wintertime. I will be doing other swaps so watch for them too.

• Smugung
    8 years ago

Okay thank you

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Erica be on the lookout for the robin, he should be landing soon at your house.

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Nothing today. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm excited to see it. :)

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Box came today. I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Just wanted to let you all know it got here safely.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you for letting us know. Take your time it can go out to me on monday. I am supppperrrr busy with mailing swaps and trades and goodness knows what else!! I need to can at some point this weekend. The poor mail clerk today frowned when I walked in as my arms were full of packages..LOL! I can sure tell it is the end of month!

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Box has been raided and repacked. It will go out in the mail tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for the great seeds.

Tammy, this will be your tracking number: 9405509699938734816003

• mcc371
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Got the round roblin back from Erica. Thank You! Well this robin has landed home safely. Now to rest for a month or so and then we may do another round. Thank you all for sharing in the round robin.

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Thanks again for hosting, Tammy. Great swap.

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Hope you found some seeds you can use, Tammy, when you got the Robin back! :0)

• heavenlyfarm
    8 years ago

Just wanted to stop in again and say thanks for the seeds again! Also that it was a wonderful swap and thank you so much tammy for hosting!!! :)

~Michael