SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22742262

My neighbor is turning his yard into a dump and the other is worse.

User
8 years ago

Our backyard is big and it backs up to three separate neighbor properties. I was told the PO had problems with the neighbors not respecting his property The neighbors in back seemed nice enough when I first moved in. All of them use the rear of their yards for unused landscape bricks, rocks, small piles of gravel, as well as debris piles. This didn't look too bad last year but these piles keep growing and multiplying. One neighbor this year built two compost piles (one being over 3 feet tall and 10 feet wide), and he covered them with white plastic. I asked him about it while he was wrapping his compost masterpiece and he told me he can't see it from his house. Must be nice.......

The house next to me has a tragic history and since the PO's died last year I don't know who is living there. But the house is falling into disrepair with wood shutters half off and interesting items have shown up in the backyard. Such as pallets, concrete chunks, wood paneling and is that a large wood TV stand in the midst? These items are extremely lovely at night as they are spotlighted by a security light.

I live in a very nice area btw. I could call the zoning department but do not want to engage in that. So I went to the city and obtained a permit for fencing. I am putting in 6 foot tall wood fencing that I am allowed per our zoning to block these unpleasant views. It is very expensive and I hate having to do this.

Comments (3)