SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
supertinyviolet

Blooms Incoming! + An Important Question at the Bottom

supertinyviolet
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm so happy, and so so excited!! My first African Violet, bought sometime around May 17th, 2015, is reblooming. It had some really beautiful blooms, and I was kind of sad to see them go. By June 19th, I had lost the last bloom. Though, the leaves are so pretty - I didn't mind too much.

I honestly hadn't expected them to rebloom until long after I had already repotted the plant (I had read somewhere online that it'd take a long time, and that the only way to possibly speed up the process was repotting anyways). It's in desperate need of being broken up, but no matter how many Home Depots or Lowes I go to, I can't find any pots that would work! I'm going to try a few other places that should have pots tomorrow.

I had taken a good look at the plant this morning, and hadn't noticed anything different about it.

I went to check the soil's moisture when I noticed some a little bud around the crown. I checked under a few leaves and WOW! So many little buds, sprouting and soon to bloom! I can't believe how fast it happened.

Here are a few shots of the little cuties. The pics aren't the clearest, and they'll probably upload too big but I need to share them!

(Uploading on an external site because I always get an error trying to upload directly through the site!)

Aerial view of the plant!

The first little bud I noticed, with some buds nearby visible

Three lil' buds! Peas in a pod!! (Edit: I miscounted. I think it's actually 4!)

There were one or two other stems around the crown, but I couldn't get a good picture of them.

I know when you repot, you typically have to cut off the flowers so the African Violet can focus on rooting and healing. Would it hurt if I left these little buds? I'm so excited for it to be in bloom again, but I don't want to jeopardize the plant over it.

Comments (20)