SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_lepsch

Cortec plus flooring

Laurie Lepsch
8 years ago

I am pretty sure I am going to put coretec plus in my home but the coloring choice is so hard. I think I like red river hickory but would love to see pictures of other homes if you have these type of floors. I am also looking at dakota walnut but there is only 1 picture out there in cyber space. Please post any pictures of coretec floors and if you are happy with them......

Comments (37)

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

I wish you had people responding to your question. I selected Coretec Plus antique marble 18x24 tile for most of my house. All I can find in photos anywhere online are the the 2 that USFLOORS LLC posted and other floor companies reposted.

Check out another older post regarding this product, as people did post some photos in that thread of their installs at their homes.

• patdance77
    8 years ago

Yesterday we brought home Coretec Plus Amalti Grey tile for kitchen and Deep Smoked Oak for dinning and living area. The colors are perfect but we had never heard of Coretec. Wondering if this is a good dependable product. We also have Floorte floor planks to consider but the colors are not as good. Thanks for any advise.

• Related Discussions

Looking for 1 box Cortec Plus Manitoba Oak

Q

Comments (0)
    Manitoba Oak color was DC'ed May 2014. We are short just 1 box as part of our kitchen remodel. Can anyone help?!
    ...See More

Cortec Plus XL underlayment

Q

Comments (4)
    The subfloor prep is the most important part really...it has to be nearly perfect. Coretec states allowable variances in the subfloor so you can look that up and ask your installer about what steps he took to make sure the floor was prepped properly according to Coretec's standards. Hopefully you'll get the outcome you're wanting with a functional floor without getting too much pushback from your installer.
    ...See More

Cortec Plus sand slate

Q

Comments (0)
    Has anyone used this product in one of their projects? Given the mix of dark and light in the pattern I'm wondering if it "reads" more light or more dark. We are looking for an LVT-type flooring that is NOT a wood plank style for our kitchen, and we also need a light color that will go with Cambria Montgomery countertops. Many of the flooring samples that we have looked at are too "yellow." Suggestions?
    ...See More

Cortec Plus Enhanced Vinyl Flooring Canary Oak

Q

Comments (6)
    We did go with the canary oak, we have two pallets sitting our garage right now. We're taking down a wall next week so it won't be in until after that but I can follow-up with photos later. I did lay out a half dozen planks when we got it delivered and I'm happy with it. It's worth mentioning that I ordered from riverwoodsflooring.com and got a price $2/sq ft less than I could get from any local dealer. No problems on shipping.
    ...See More
  • labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

Patdance77, there is very long thread on Coretec floors here somewhere. I think you can search (I'm new to the site). There are real people's photos from their homes after installation.

• floey
    8 years ago

There is a very long thread. I got there by Googling -has anyone used coretec and it came up with the gardenweb thread. I can show you Rocky Mountain Oak 5" CorTec Plus. I will say it is darker than the sample. I keep saying I'm going to go back to the store (which I didn't buy it at) and take a piece with me because my husband said I ordered the wrong floor which I did not but we do like the floor. I'm going to find that thread and post a couple of pictures.

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

Here is Ivory Coast Oak Coretec Plus installed yesterday in two small bedrooms.

purple walls, incandescent overhead light and sunlight, plus you can see the hallway lighting (5600 Kelvin) on the left.

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

Another bedroom. White walls, daylight-balanced overhead lighting.

• floey
    8 years ago

I love your Ivory Coast Oak. That was my first choice but we were scared to do the entire first floor in this color. It is a shore house and I thought it would look very beachy however I couldn't get everyone on boarad with it but I love it. So, we went with the Rocky Mountain Oak which I do like.

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

flooey, I like the color of your floors. It's a good choice verses the ivory coast oak. The lighter color of ivory coast could show dirt easily, I think. Our ivory coast is in 2 small bedrooms so I'm not worried. But I'm smiling at the name of your flooring product. We see the Rocky Mountain range from our master bedroom window and vacation there too.

• Laurie Lepsch
    Original Author
    8 years ago

thank you for responding Im still looking and deciding LOL Although I like red river hickory I do not like the faux markings on them that are suppose to look distressed but to me they look bad. So I have been considering Ivory Coast and Rocky Mountain. I was afraid Ivory Coast might be to light-- 2 dogs dark hair and 4 kids. But can you see seperate planks / bevels on Rocky Mountains?

• shelleyjr
    8 years ago

I am looking to put Coretec in our new home which we closed on today!

One thing I have noticed living in an apartment with cheap rolled vinyl flooring that looks like wood planks is that the DARK color shows every piece of lint/dust/crumbs.... I was shocked that it shows so much. Yikes!

Sooo, I am leaning towards lighter colors by Coretec, Whittier Oak, Harbor Oak, Nantucket Oak, Ivory Coast Oak and Mt. Pleasant Pine. The flooring will be put down throughout the entire home 1018 sq/ft.

Another thing that I think is important; the variation of colors in the flooring itself. While I adore Blackstone Oak, I don't think this is a good choice for our small house. A more consistent color seems to make a small house flow a little better. I didn't feel that Blackstone Oak would work in our house because of all the variations in the planks and the small size of the rooms. Blackstone Oak would look great if you have enough room for it to express itself. Just my humble opinion.

• Laurie Lepsch
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My house isn't big total 1880 sq feet home but the coretec is going in my living room dining room and kitchen they all flow into each other with wide doorways. A total of 420 sq feet of coretec is going in. I hope it looks ok in our space. The reason I'm leaning towards black stone oak is I like that you can decipher the different planks rather than getting one flat looking floor . I have considered Ivory Coast oak and Rocky Mountain but I was never given a answer to my question if you can see the bevels and get a separation of planks look in those floors.

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

Laurie, my daughters' small bedrooms have ivory coast oak. I would say I cannot see bevels. Here is a close-up. I did not want bevels due to collection of dust and dirt that can occur on real wood beveled floors.

• Laurie Lepsch
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Even though u can't see the bevels is there some ( I know it won't be dramatic) tone variation to see the different planks or is it all the same color noteven alittle different ?

• Laurie Lepsch
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes I have many large board samples bigger than samples you can get online

• shelleyjr
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Laurie, that is terrific. I can't wait to get my samples. How well do they lock and are they smooth where they join together?

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

Laurie, with my eyes, YES, I see tonal variations and real wood-like pattern variations on ivory coast oak. On some boards I see more patterning relating to wood cut and graining. Some boards have very little graining (which is actually what I prefer but my oldest daughter selected this floor for the small 10-1/2 x 12 bedrooms).

You asked: even though u can't see the bevels is there some ( I know it won't be dramatic) tone variation to see the different planks

YES!

Tonal colors range from light, almost white, to light and medium gray, to light to medium beige. Types and amount of lighting and wall color change the floor color dramatically!

You asked: or is it all the same color noteven alittle different ?

DIFFERENT ALL OVER.

More pics...

Above pic shows different color due to pink sheets and blankets on the nearby bed, purple walls and incandescent lighting. The whiter lighter pics are in a room with white walls, white furniture and daylight balanced bulbs (5800 Kelvin temp).

Hope this answers your questions. When we brought samples home, we put them in the room they were intended for and inspected in AM, mid-day, early PM and after sunset with artificial light.

Just FYI, we have antique marble in the largest part of our rooms/house.

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

On my post above, note that no flash was used so what the camera saw is what you get. I personally don't see that much pink or purple on my daughter's flooring! The eye sees differently than a camera!

• judy685
    8 years ago

CORETEC PLUS 5" Boardwalk Oak -- I just got my quote today for this flooring. while I am good with design and visualizing, it is a challenge trying to make a final decision, as I do think our selectin is a little trendy so not sure about resale -- but it is a beach area so we were hoping it would stand the test of time. In the local store, we narrowed it down to four. We loved the 9" planks, but we liked the color of the Boardwalk Oak better -- the closest color in the 9" had a little pinky/corally cast. the Boardwalk Oak is what I would call a driftwood color in tans, a little cream, and brown undertones. wE though every little thing on the floor would not stand out. the store happened to have a large area on the floor in that color so we got to see many boards together -- not high contrast between boards, but more than reflected in the picture.

We have not looked elsewhere, but we are definitely buying LTV floor local. We are not installing ourselves and do not want the hassle of buying/installing from two different parties. this company sells lots of Coretec floors so they are probably getting a good price, I thought the quote could have been a little better based on what I read in the CoreTec post here, but expected it to be higher for materials than buying via the Internet.

SQuare feet =931 material -- with 7 percent overage -- $3.99 sf = $3715

five reducer transition strips @ $32.99 ea.

quarter round primed white 200' -- I will paint -- $300 -- if they can take up the old without breaking some of old may be able to be reused and this cost will be less.

Move furniture (will be very easy in this case -- will just move from side to side) Have to verify if it includes refrig. = $72

Install floors $1.85 SF = $1722

fairly easy install over current wood floor, take up quarter road but nothing else. From other posts pricing can be separate or all inclusive.

Not sure if I am going to get another quote on another product -- no other CoreTec dealers locally I do not think -- Wilmington, nc -- although probably other beach communities.

Just wanted to share as I have gained so much knowledge from the forum posts on this subject on Houzz. If anyone has any comments on price or has seen Boardwalk Oak install, comments appreciated. Thanks so much for all the info shared in multiple Houzz threads!

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

Judy685, I like the color of your chosen flooring. I don't remember seeing that sample in my search. Regarding resale and flooring choices, my thought on my own house was that I did not intend to move any time soon, so I picked what I thought would be best for my family's lifestyle. Our installers did a decent job of removing baseboards and reinstalling. I do wish I would have bought new baseboards and added that to our contract but at the time I didn't want the added cost. We do not have quarter round, which I appreciate. I don't need another dust-collecting surface! Good luck on your install!

• slbutts88
    8 years ago

Does anyone know where you can get samples of yhe coretec plus xl

• shelleyjr
    8 years ago

From Lamar 706-980-9375. He's sending me a coretec one and some other LVP's.

• slbutts88
    8 years ago
    Thank you!
  • PRO
    johnmeto123
    8 years ago

I chose Coretec Plus obsolescent marble 18x24 tile for a large portion of my home. Everything I can discover in photographs anyplace online are the 2 that USFLOORS LLC posted and other floor organizations reposted.

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

Johnmeto123, we put antique marble tile 18-1/2 x 24 inches, in much of our home. I did not see any sample called obsolescent marble at the flooring store where we purchased ours from. Here is one photo of what we installed. It's probably not the same product. It was just bought and installed in July-August 2015.

• labdunbar_denver
    8 years ago

Here's one more antique marble tile Coretec Plus.

• Jody G
    8 years ago

Has anyone put CoreTec in a bathroom? I am looking at it for a basement guest room bath with just a shower - no tub. It won't be used much. I'm wondering if this stuff really is waterproof. I am in the middle of a basement remodel due to a sewer backup. I live in Denver so am thinking CoreTec works well with our climate.

• shelleyjr
    8 years ago

We are putting coretec plus ivory coast oak in our entire house in Albuquerque. This includes 2 full baths and the kitchen. We got the only color that comes with a rubber back, ivory coast oak. The reason we went with the rubber back is because cork likes about 35% humidity and you know the SW rarely has that. We were afraid that the cork back would dry out over time.

There is another thread on here that has a lot of information about coretec.

• Jody G
    8 years ago

Thanks for the humidity tip. So grateful for the load of info on Houzz about this product.

• floey
    8 years ago
    Laurie, This is the Rocky Mountain Oak. It is not shiny and there is some variation in the color but not much and no beveled edges. I think that's what you were asking about. We stained the steps as best we could to match the floors. First we painted them a color that was something like the floors and then put the stain and poly. over it. We're happy with the way the steps turned out since we aren't very handy. This picture was taken at night but I think it shows the true color of the floor better than the ones I took during the day.
  • annied75
    6 years ago
    I realize this is an old post, however, I'm wondering if those of you who have the Coretec Ivory Coast flooring still like it? Have you had any issues?
  • labdunbar_denver
    6 years ago

The Coretec Plus Ivory Coast flooring is in 2 bedrooms at my house. We love it and there hasn't been any problems with it. My daughters have practiced all sorts of dance on them, including with tap shoes! Still looks great.

• annied75
    6 years ago
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that it's still looking great. That's very encouraging :)
  • Jody G
    6 years ago

We put down the hickory 3 years ago in a bathroom, dressing room and laundry room. Looks terrific. Then we remodeled a townhome and replaced carpet with the wider plank Whittier oak. Very pleased with both.

• rfharmon
    3 years ago

@labdunbar_denver, I know this is a old post but I’m currently renovating my house and cant find pictures of ivory coast online. Would you mind posting pictures of your installed floors?

• salonva
    3 years ago

And.... I know this is a very old thread, but I am considering Coretec Rocky Mountain. I think it looks so real and I think it's what I have in mind.......so just circling back to see if there are any more comments or feedback on it. @floey I see you haven't posted in a quite a while but wondering if you might see this- ( and anyone else) how it's held up.

• Jody G
    3 years ago

I love Coretec and it has worked well in both residences in which we installed. However, we have had great success using LIfeProof from home depot in a mudroom which gets loads of traffic, weather, wet shoes. Also, we installed LVT from the Restore of Habitat for Humanity throughout another townhome. It was just as good and much less expensive. My brother installed Coretec recently throughout the entire first floor of his large house.
    Looks great. Good Luck