SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindywhitall

help with edging for backsplash on vanity

cindywhitall
8 years ago

I don't know where to post to get help from tile people. We are putting in a small backsplash in the powder room. It will be only 2-3 rows of medium sized subway style marble tiles, they are about 2" x 4". The vanity is 42" wide.

I bought some pencil pieces because I thought it would look good to edge it top an bottom. I think the long horizontal of the pencil helps break the busy pattern of the granite. Now we think they will look too heavy.

I like the idea of using Schluter edging in a brushed aluminum color. It shold go well with the nickel faucet we installed. I think it will look clean and my husband won't have to attempt to miter the pencil on the outside edge, where it meets the top and bottom edges. We don't have a tile saw and are hoping to do this with minimal cuts.

We like the simple Schien and the Jolly. I cant figure out what pieces to buy. The lady at HD said we could order prefab corners online. I cant figure out what on earth we need. The schulter website is not helping me.

Can anybody give me a shopping list? How about a suggestion to post this on the appropriate board (which one?)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!