SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1311143

Canine Influenza shot | Dog Flu shot- Now Required for boarding

User
8 years ago

Yesterday I emailed my local boarding company here in St. Louis to get an estimate. I knew my two dogs would need the Bordetella shot but I was shocked when I was informed they now also require the Canine Influenza shot! With boarding estimated at $350 and the shots at almost $200, it will cost over $500 to board! Ridiculous!!!! This is for 4 nights (Monday - Friday).

I'm very skeptical about all the shots and believe money/profit truly come first. Has anyone given their dogs these shots? I think I'm going to have a family member watch my dogs instead. I can't believe how expensive everything is getting. I'm venting at this point.

Break down-

Bordetella shot $26 x 2 dogs = $52

Flu shot is a two shot dealio (2nd shot has to be 2-3 weeks later) Each shot is $35.50 so for my two dogs and two visits that will cost $142

Boarding cost - $350

There are opinions on both sides - some will argue for the shots while others will advise not too. Please share your thoughts. If I can't find a family member or friend to watch our dogs then I may cancel the vacation. I just don't trust all these shots.

Comments (4)