SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fitzliz

Franke Orca question

fitzliz
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

--Hi All,

I discovered the Orca when researching sink options, decided it looked brilliant then found out it's not available in Europe! I've found it on Amazon and they will ship to my country http://www.amazon.com/Franke-ORX110-Single-Undermount-Kitchen/dp/B000GPU50Y I'm just a bit nervous having not seen it in person and about buying it indirectly and not straight from Franke.

Has anyone ordered from Franke via Amazon? Or does anyone know of another supplier that will ship to Europe? I've emailed Franke to check but haven't heard back.

Also are there functional accessories I need to find separately or do all the basics come with the sink? (I'll order the grid and shelf separately)

I've read all the Orca discussions I could find; one question I have is whether the drainer shelf to the right is big enough to comfortable hold an average amount of stuff (how much can you Orca owners get on there?!), and whether stuff drying there gets wet again from the other side of the sink being used. Any insights appreciated.

-My prep space will be to the right, does this work ok with the drainer being to the right of the sink?

-Re the soap dispensers mentioned here, are you guys talking about hand soap in them or dish soap?

I'm ordering a Quooker boiling water and mixer all-in-one tap. Would a separate sprayer tap be useful for guiding scraps to the disposal and cleaning the sink? I haven't had one before.

Sinks this size aren't available or sought after it seems where I am. Any views on my thinking behind the Orca appreciated:

-I tend not to fill a sink, rather I wash stuff quickly in running water to use a pot that I'm also washing for hand-wash items

-I like the idea of hiding a load dishes until I'm ready to deal with them

-I need a drainer but don't want to cut out my counter to undermount one and also like the idea of one that's not as visible as a counter level drainer.

-I imagine the bottom grid will make it handy for using an colander to drain things and also for flipping post that have just been washed over to drain.

Are there any new sinks that I should be considering. I thought I saw a Franke Peak with a ledge on my internet travel for example.

Thanks you for any info. I really need to order this if I'm going to!

Comments (16)