SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rain80

fast growing very tall privacy tree

rain80
8 years ago

I have a 20 feet long 3 feet wide flower bed along the vinyl property fence on one side and concrete driveway on the other side. There is gagage at the one end of the planting bed. Neighbor’s 2 story house is 6 feet away from the vinyl fence.

I need to plant a fast growing dense privacy trees with non-invasive root in this 3 feet wide planting bed. The tree needs to grow 20 to 25 feet high minimum. It can have 10 feet wide canopy or less at the top (lesser width is prefer). I am in Southern California (non-costal) area around zone 10a or 10b (I guess).

Ficus is out of the question due to its infamous invasive roots. Italian Cypress is my last choice but I don’t like the look of it when they get diseased.

The other tree in my consideration is montert bay brush cherry. Can this grow to 20 feet tall in 5 years if I buy 4 feet tall in 5 gallons container? I want to buy 6 feet tall to start with but I can’t find them anywhere near my area at all. If I ferterlize them every 2 weeks with good watering, can they grow 3 feets a year? Can they grow as tall as 30 feet?

Is there any other fast growing non-invasive plants that you can recommend?

Comments (3)