SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

I finally got that Japanese Maple...

josephines167 z5 ON Canada
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

.... and four hostas called me over so.....

Is this photo upright? It was playing tricks on me going sideways!

A while ago I went tree shopping (to provide some filtered shade for a sunny potential hosta site) but ended up coming home with a couple hostas and no tree!

So I thought I'd take another stab at it. First aisle I head for is....uh-huh, hostas! 30% off, Anniversary Sale, on all $10 and over....or 5/$30 all other hosta.

Couldn't find anything new in the 5/$30, so ambled up to the others. I found:

The Queen, Elegans, Praying Hands, and Regal Splendor. 24.99, 17.99, 17.99, 14.99 respectively....less 30%...saved 22.80, not bad at all!

Then I went to look at 'The Emperor' Japanese Maples. Found a tall one that would fit in the Impala sport! But I had to break the top of the supporting bamboo stake! Lol. It lay in the front reclined seat all the way to the back, diagonally.

Hostas:

'The Queen'... with 2 big shoots - toss-up between 3 small shoots but fuller plant or two stronger, larger eyes with less pleasing form, a horizontal growth....but with larger leaves.

'Elegans' - 4-5 shoots. Dislike fertilizer spray all over ... what a mess to look at but tonight's rain will probably wash it out. Hope it got some benefit... Had one in the 80's but it was one of a few that stayed behind when I moved.

'Praying Hands' - 7 shoots and standing at 23" tall from the crown up!!! I think that's fabulous! Is it? I realize it's an upright, but this seems to be a good-sized one. Sunglass case for scale.

(I now have 3 left to get of the HOTY to make my list complete! Earth Angel, Victory which is this year's Hosta Of The Year, and Curly Fries.). LOL...I just made up my shopping list for my next Hosta Choice trip!

''Regal Splendor' - sport of KR... love Krossa Regal ...it's the 2nd biggest hosta in my garden

That's it for now! Thanks for looking!

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor