SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haileybub7a

It seems like my garden is failing this year!

haileybub(7a)
8 years ago

So my pole beans are super tall but have no blooms and now the leaves are getting thick and bumpy. My tomato plants are producing but the leaves are curling, my hot banana pepper plants have hardly produced anything, my potato plants have been munched on by the Colorado beetle, my yellow crookneck squash has borers and squash bugs. I have been diligent in looking daily and removing eggs from the squash bugs but can't seem to get a handle on the borers. But I think my carrots are doing well as is my corn. I live in Oklahoma and have clay soil and it's been in the 90's for a while now and rain is not in the near forecast. I have used compost in the spring and when I turned the soil this past March, there were many earthworms. Now, the soil is hard again and it seems like the worms are scarce. I use straw to mulch and try to water regularly. I know my soil and plants need a boost, I've looked up symptoms and it seems like one of the things I need is calcium, but probably many other things as well. Any suggestions as to what I might do now? I really don't know where to start! I may not have the best outcome this year but certainly want to improve on things this fall and into spring.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm