SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsd2682

Birthday Roses! What to buy...vote for your favorites

SoFL Rose z10
8 years ago

Hi all.

I got a$100 gift card (american express) for my birthday from my company at work and I going to use it to buy roses.

I'm thinking I'd like to order from K&M, although i'm wondering if I should wait until the fall to order them (even though they are potted not bare root) or if I should get them now and put them in the ground asap so they can have the summer rainy season to get a good start. (And I'm hoping they take american express)

Here are the ones I'm looking at (I can only get 4 from the list so cast your votes) I'm very limited on space so I don't want any that will get too huge so keep that in mind when you vote. And everything gets bigger here in South Florida!

I also really like to cut them so any that are known for not being good cut flowers, let me know.

Boscobal (I have this one on Dr.H, but I really think it would be better on fortuniana)

Jubilee celebration (same as above)

Scepter D'Isle OR Sharifa Asma Or Brother Cadfael (I have been looking for a good, pale pink austin with nice cupped form for a while and decided that I must have at least one! Even if it is a space hog.)

Summer Sun (Kords)

Pink Enchantment (Souv de Baden Baden)

Beverly OR Wedding Bells (these two are similar so one or the other)

Traviata or Pink Traviata, whichever is a better performer

Other ones I am looking at would be from Roses Unlimited and I'm not too happy about own root roses, but I really love:

Gruss An Aachen

Rosemary Rose

Moon Sprite

Aloha (climber that is said to do well on its own roots here)

Rosarian Uetersen (also a climber)

If anyone has grown these on their own roots in South Fl with success I'd love to hear from you.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH