SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Paint, sheen, ceiling questions--must decide today

My GC needs my paint choices by tomorrow. We are remodeling the kitchen and hall bathroom. I have chosen Benjamin moore colors after a lot of sampling and consulting here. Now I need to nail down paint types, sheen and ceiling colors.

The bathroom will have matte pale grey floor tiles and glossy white wall tiles with dark grey pencil liner. The white tiles will be a wainscoting throughout and up to a foot from the ceiling in the shower--so a lot of glossy white. The vanity will have a dark grey engineered quartz top. I'm going for a vintage vibe for this bathroom, though it will obviously not be period perfect.

For the bathroom vanity, I have chosen paddington blue (bright blue). I'm thinking benjamin moore advance in semi-gloss. For the walls, I have chosen gray cloud (pale grey). I know satin is a typical sheen choice for a bathroom and was planning to specify that in aura. I see that there is a matte aura bathroom paint. Would that be better? Or something different? Since the grey is already quite pale, I'm thinking of having the ceiling painted the same color. Same sheen? Or should the ceiling be matte, even if the walls are satin?

The kitchen will have dark hardwood floors, white cabinets, honed marble countertops and blue walls. The kitchen has some original built in cabinets that are remaining and they will be painted a slightly darker blue.

For the kitchen built ins, I have chosen Niagara falls. I am thinking Benjamin moore advance in semi-gloss. For the walls, I have chosen blue stream. I'm at a bit of a loss for sheen. Would satin be the typical kitchen sheen? I think I'd be happier with eggshell? Again, what about the bathroom paint in matte? And I'm thinking 25 percent of the blue stream for a very pale blue ceiling, in matte.

Wall and cabinet colors are nailed down, but I'm looking for help on the type of paint, sheen and ceiling colors. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Comments (10)