SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1806966

Help in My Dining Room-Can't Get it Right!

User
8 years ago

Hi my houzz friends. I'm trying to work with 2 very different artists in one space in my dining room and having trouble making them work cohesively together. My husband loves to collect art and this is the only wall the large painting will fit on.

How can I make the 2 different styles of art work together through the right decor? Or will they just not work together? Can't change the table. Some thoughts below would be to...

*change the wall color? It is Relaxed Khaki by Sherwin Williams now-but thinking about painting the walls a more neutral color-less green undertones in it-perhaps accessible gray which is on the walls in the living room and kitchen or revere pewter by BM.

*change the ceiling color

*change dining chairs-thinking about getting new slipcovers made in a linen fabric similar to the bench or changing all the chairs to chairs from Restoration Hardware-similar to style of bench.

*change the rug or get rid of the rug? I know it is too small, but how are the colors?

*keep the bench in place of slipcovered chairs or move the bench to another wall or another room and do only chairs?

Dining Room · More Info

Dining Room · More Info

Dining Room · More Info

Comments (2.8K)