SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

Two wild roses in Northern Calif.

jacqueline9CA
8 years ago

Last month we made our first trip up to our cabin in the Trinity Alps in No Cal. Here are two pictures I took of wild roses which were blooming (they only bloom for about a week!). The first one has been there for years - I have seen it in full bloom, but when I took this there was only one bloom left, but cute. The color is pretty accurate.

The next day we went to Weaverville, about an hour away by car. As we drove along State Hwy 3, I saw something by the side of the road and yelled at my DH, "stop. stop!". Of course he kept going. When we were coming home from Weaverville, however, I kept my eyes looking for what I had seen - a HUGE wild rose bush in full bloom. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me, and had to take pics with my very cheap not smart phone. The blooms on the second picture were pale pink, unlike the first one which is dark pink. They are both about the size of a nickel.

So fun to happen to see these in the one week out of 52 when they were blooming! Wanted to share with you -

Jackie

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations