SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iskowo

Briggs and Stratton 14.5 hp 294447/1145/A1

iskowo
8 years ago

The stator on this motor fell apart and I replaced it with a new OEM. Before I realized that was the problem I entered the motor for the Crankcase side. I believed I had threw a piston. That wasn't the case. Replaced gasket and reinstalled motor. This engine has not run correctly since. Rebuilt carb. The motor does not want to draw air into carburetor. I used to be able to put my fingers over carb and it would want to suck them into carburetor. Now there is barely a draw. Idles fine, runs choppy after it warms up at high RPM. No power to run blades. Air cleaner on gas puddles on air cleaner. Any ideas? Need anymore info? Thanks for any help.

Comments (5)

• tinkerer200
    8 years ago

Did you let the camshaft slip out of time when you had the sump off?

Walt Conner

• iskowo
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I wouldn't know, because I don't know. But that would make a whole lotta sense. I searched web for info on timing in this motor with no avail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I know first tip would be pay attention to what your doing. Thanks for reply WC, you help a lot of people on here.

• tinkerer200
    8 years ago

Contact me at address below, put in proper format and remind me engine model number and what you want and I will send you a Service Manual for your engine.

Walt Conner

wconner5 at frontier dot com

• romore_gw
    8 years ago

That is what I suspect too. Remove one valve cover and spark plugs. Turn the flywheel by hand until one valve starts to close as the other is opening. The piston should be at the top of it's travel, if not the cam is not correctly timed.

• iskowo
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank you guys very much. That is exactly what I did when I had it apart. You guys are awesome. The old girl (Cub Cadet 1440) is running great. Special thanks to Mr. Conner.
Sponsored
More Discussions