SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stxarx

unusual 1969 modern home-- input please!

Jollie Kaye
8 years ago

I'd love some input and ideas for this amazing home my husband and I are currently under contract on (inspection went better then expected-- yay newer plumbing, newer roof and a clean septic tank bill of health. now we're just waiting on the appraisal). I've been up nights dreaming of her so please humor me and dream along with me, even if it isn't officially official YET.

This is the back of the house from the courtyard. It's a stucco and cement block home but has it's original (damaged from time and termites!) paneling. I waver between wanting to replace it with more multi color paneling or maybe wood paneling with different stains or various grain designs?

I am at a loss to what color to paint and/or re-panel the front and sides of the house... it's pretty deceptive from the front! (We really need to clear out the landscaping, too)

The kitchen is the real focal point of this amazing house-- but as you can see the white cabinets have stained over time (it really bugs me that the shade doesn't match the dishwasher). Should I take the time and spend the money to repaint it (seems like too big of a project to do myself) or just freshen things up with gold hardware and a bigger light fixture?

We'd like to update things to a point but don't want to take away the heart and cozy feel of the home.

OH! There are also these french doors that lead from what will be my daughters room outside. No thank you. Should we just make it into a wall with a window? Or replace with another solid door?

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions :)

Comments (11)