SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cayris37

Regarding a Gardening Project in Downtown Detroit

Christine
8 years ago

As you may know, the current state of Detroit is anything but beautiful. Acres of vacant land now lay where buildings once stood. City residents live in a near apocalyptic wasteland, with crime and violence being ever present.

One positive feature of Detroit is that it serves as a blank canvas for any gardening and landscaping projects. Unlike most major cities, Detroit has an abundance of vacant land. My vision is to cultivate the tulip fields of Holland in the dilapidated areas of the city.

Scientific studies have confirmed that the presence of flowers can promote healing and alleviate depression. One study even found that office employees have clearer cognition when working around plants. The simple addition of tulip fields could provide residents with a sense of peace, inspiration, and renewal.

The one thing I humbly ask from you, is that you share my vision with family and friends on your social network. With the help of you and others, Detroit could be turned into a garden paradise, rather than a decrepit city of yesteryear.

Please help share this dream.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1182275017/regrow-detroit

Comments (2)