SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

Spirea Blue Mist, Black Knight with Butterfly Bushes

My spirea bushes are blooming, but I needed a balance on the other side of them.

I returned to the nursery, but everything is so expensive, and it is hot here -actually it hit 100. The butterfly bushes were larger than what I have seen at Lowe's, and close to the color of the spireas.

I purchased 5 Asian Moon Butterfly Bushes that are supposed to grow 5-7 feet. 3 of them are the beautiful lilac color in the spirea bushes, and 2 are a red purple instead of the blue lilac color.

I will put these into two groupings as a contrast to the spirea bushes that are in a zigzag line. That will give me some variety.

I would appreciate any suggestions or statements especially from those of you who are growing the same plants. I am aware that mine will get larger than they advertise since I will water so much because of the heat.

(I have a new I phone 6, a new laptop, and I Pad, but I only know how to take pictures. I don't know how to get them onto my computer, or get them onto this site. I wish I could share, but I need time.)

Sammy

Comments (15)