SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
powwi

Miele dishwasher service challenges

powwi
8 years ago

We purchased a Miele dishwasher through our local authorized dealer. A little over a year later the latch broke. I've been in contact with Miele since 3/3/15 trying to get service. Although there is an authorized dealer who can sell the product, there is no authorized local service. We are past the warranty date however local appliance repair shops aren't familiar with a Miele dishwasher so we have no local option in or out of warranty. We've been using the dishwasher as a dish drying rack since March with repeated phone calls to Miele seeking help for repair. While it is an impressive dishwasher when it works, when it breaks it is a nearly permanent nightmare. We now have a minimum of a $450 repair pending for arranged travel from an authorized service dealer after repeated calls for assistance to Miele. On the last Miele call in late April/early May they were arranging for parts that might be needed and they would call me back. Long story short, they never called and when I called they had closed the ticket for inactivity. I can't recommend a Miele dishwasher to anyone without a local SERVICE dealer. Use caution in buying. Great product when it works; if it stops the nightmare begins.

Comments (9)