SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newland2

Pictures after a rainfall and changes

The hostas loved it, unfortunately so did the weeds...just when I thought the weeding was done at least for a little while and I could move on to other stuff requiring attention.

I've relocated Crumb Cake. It was getting lost in the sea of green, so replaced it with Vulcan (foreground). Hope it's a good grower with all that white in the leaves.

Crumb Cake is now sited in morning sun in front of Satisfaction with Silver Bay and Luna Moth. Hope it keeps its gold colour longer in its new spot.

I've added Justine (peeking in from the bottom) to my blue and yellow bed.

Dream Queen, still one of my favourites.

Still haven't removed the solid coloured eye from Brother Stefan...was sort of hoping it would just go away on its own. My Golden Meadows (top Left) has also developed some solid leaves. I'm thinking of just using a serrated knife to cut the reversions from the main plants and treating the cut with a weak bleach solution. Any advice on that?

Summer Breeze (bottom right) and Lakeside Shore Master (bottom left) have added some height in the extension to my oldest hosta bed (planted in 2007). Lemon Ice is now 3 years old.

A green hosta seedling to the right of Pineapple Upsidedown Cake has really taken off.

Liberty is still growing strong. Brim Cup in front had no draw string effect this year but did develop a solid eye. I moved So Sweet (peeking in on the left) to a new location yesterday. It grew a lot bigger than I thought it would. I'm replacing it with a shorter hosta...maybe Golden Tiara

Zounds, in this bed since 2007.

montana Aureomarginata, now 8 years old, still hanging in there with tree root competition. Thanks for looking, that's all I can post in this thread.

Comments (14)