SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1731785

Super White (not granite, not quartzite, marble-ish dolomite)

User
8 years ago

I fell in love with a slab of Super White at the slab yard and want it to top my white kitchen cabinets and island in our new build. I think I have read every thread about it and all the discussions about what it actually is. Arizona Tile is where I found it, and they have it classified as a marble. I've been testing a sample at home and successfully scratched and etched it. So maybe a wise person would stop there.

There have been some here that have said they have no regrets about installing it. But those threads are either very old or not old enough for someone to note their experience 3 or 4 years down the road.

Anyone out there have regrets/still love their super white? I am ok with a patina, my husband my not be but will live with whatever I choose, but I really can't find a granite that I like at all. We have 5 children and my housekeeper tends to clean how she wants, so that is a consideration as well. We are building this new house to be the center of family/friend get togethers. I am talking myself out of it but don't want to have to "live" with a granite that I don't like just because it wears well.

I am also mildly concerned that my fabricator (who works out in the country) might not be experienced in fabricating it, since there is some indication that it crumbles. That concerns me too.

anyone? Maybe I am looking for an enabler?

Mamabearjd

Comments (2)