SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gbehazinb

Disease Prevention -- Tomatoes -- Fungicide

Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Disease Prevention -- Tomatoes -- Fungicide

The title is self explanatory : Preventing bacterial/ fungal diseases in tomato plants. The keyword is " PREVENTION".

As the old saying goes :

------ AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN A POUND OF CURE-----

This is especially true about some of the so- called "Blight" diseases that once got infected , fighting it won't result in a cure. So, in such cases , prevention offers a better chance, not to get it in the first place. It is in a way like an insurance policy.

WHAT IS FUNGICIDE ?

fungicide is substance (synthetic or organic) that can prevent fungal spores from multiply on the plants after landing, via air or soil. In some cases they can also kill/destroy or keep checked those fungi.

What are Your Fungicide Choices ?:

I am using 3 kinds :

1) Daconil >>> It is a synthetic fungicide, probably the most widely used one.

2) Neem Oil >>> This is an organic fungicide, made with NEEM oil. It might not be the strongest but is has also pesticide power too. It can be effective on a handful of pests that I know of, like aphids and flea beetles.

3) Copper Fungicide: >>> There are several brands on the market. Some are OMR approved, for those who are practicing organic method.

I personally use all 3 kind mentioed above, alternatively. So far this season I have used Daconil twice, Neem once and Copper once.

>APPLICA.TION , SCHEDULE;

Most recommend using it from DAY ONE on schedule. The recommended frequency is 7 to 15 days between applications. I am following that recommendation myself.

WHEN TO APPLY ...??

HOW TO APPLY ...??

HOW MUCH TO APPLY ...?

Now the ball is on your court, to says whatever you want, on the subject of FUNGICIDE-ing

Comments (25)