SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

I wanted to let you all know

celeste/NH
8 years ago

Hi to all my forum friends....I have absent since last summer and now came back to find a new format. I used to post regularly but I have had a heartbreaking winter and I'm finding that grief is a very long process and I am having a particularly difficult time. You see, I lost both my mother and father only 8 weeks apart.....Mom in late January and Daddy in March. Some of you may recall that I cared for my mom (who had Alzheimer's) for 7 years here in my home. Mom passed away on the very day that I was going to take in my Dad so that I could care for them both. I was the only one with her when she passed, peacefully, in her own bed in my home. I was only blessed with 7 weeks to care for my beloved Dad. No one knew my Daddy was sick with terminal cancer because his doctor dismissed his symptoms as 'old age' and 'dementia' because he was 91. Daddy kept falling and had lost so much weight he was skeletal. But when he came to live with me I took him to another doctor right away because I was so upset with his doctor. He was diagnosed with lung cancer which had spread to his bones and brain. Diagnosed on a Wednesday, I contacted Hospice on Thursday, and Daddy began dying on Friday. For 10 days he held on, unable to drink, eat, speak or move until the Lord took him home. I was a 'Daddy's girl' all my life and he was my everything. I was the one who took care of him as he was dying and it was horrific to see what his body went through. Not only were they beloved parents, but they were a part of my every day. I was not only their only daughter, but their caregiver. Life is a struggle now so I haven't had the heart to post or comment this year. I am out in my garden every day though, because my Dad was a gardener and that is where I feel him next to me. Some of you may even remember a post I did once on my Dad's amazing vegetable garden. I also have posted pics of my cute little Mom through the years. I miss them so much, it is hard to get back into life knowing they are gone. I will check in here often to see what all of you are up to and enjoy your photos but I'm not sure if I will post any this year. I just wanted to let you all who have been such good friends know why I have been away, and that I still enjoy this forum very much.

Celeste

Comments (19)