SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Total newbie having a GREAT day!! It's a 3-peat

Battling the mosquitoes that are emerging after 13" of rain, I wandered out to my volunteer passion vine just to see what I could find. I could hardly stand still as I was clearly under attack. I managed to capture a couple different stages of Gulf Fritillary (if stage 0 counts)!

Then I went out front, where I had put a bag over a rue "branch" to protect the occupants. Look closely (yes, it's fuzzy); there are 2 GST cats munching away.

Across the drive I stroll (the mosquitoes don't bother me out front...) to look for Monarch cats. Whoo hooo!!

Please realize that prior to last summer's successes with GST, I'd never raised cats, so ALL OF THIS is very exciting for me. About 8 years ago a neighbor gave me some Monarchs to watch pupate and eclose. Sadly, all of them had OE, but I didn't know anything about that then. Now, in the past couple of weeks I have released 7 healthy Monarchs and am waiting for #8 to eclose. It is in isolation as I suspect (from the appearance of it's caterpillar antennae) it may have OE so will humanely do what I must if necessary.

THANKS FOR HELPING SHARE MY LITTLE MOMENTS OF JOY with these little cats!!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County