SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavendar

Need help with colors....we're getting white cabinets

Lavender Lass
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

The vintage kitchen takes another turn, just when I thought I had the plan all figured out! LOL

My SIL and her husband have very graciously donated their old cabinets to our cause. The cabinets are white (which is lovely) but now I think we'll have to paint the uppers to match. So, still have wood beam, some wood trim and door (kind of an oak color) so I'm thinking floor to match, probably 'wood' vinyl tile. Note, my neighbors are not snobs....just deer and coyotes :)

White is great (and as shown on the other thread) retro white is very cute. But I still have to figure out how to tie all these other pieces together. I have some really cute aqua paint (light aqua) and nice, soft green.
The counters are going to be wood/butcher block, maybe some granite (I know...shock! but it comes with the sink cabinet) and some formica or painted plywood to fill in the gaps. Backsplash will be painted wall or beadboard (tile is just not going to work with our DIY skills....my brother moved to Wenatchee today) so I need help with the colors!

Still planning to decoupage some of the uppers (think herbs or flowers/old school prints) on white cabinets maybe with green border on beveled edge of door. I would like to paint the oven/microwave 'tower' cabinets green (old oven is dirty ivory/cream) and maybe green over the fridge. The rest of the cabinets will be white or unfitted cream dresser and butcherblock table.

Okay....if you read all this or just skipped to the bottom, my question is....should I paint the walls aqua and light green on cabinet accents? Paint the walls light green with darker green cabinet accents? I know we'll use the aqua next to the kitchen (open to it) in the little sunroom. I love blue, but green might be warmer and the darker green might be better with the white cabinets. And by darker...I mean more medium/jadeite green. Or is that Jedi green? LOL

Help....thank you in advance :)

Comments (87)