SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
toomanyanimals

NEW: OBF J.U.N.E. SWAP

toomanyanimals
7 years ago

NEW: OBF J.U.N.E. SWAP

Our Blooming Friends Swap Group [0BF] was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you.
Please be a successful member of GardenWeb and have completed a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be sent to Shirley [Brittneysgran] Please take a moment to read our rules:

1. Have fun!

1. Send your swap by posted deadline for each swap.
  2. No bickering; This is meant to be fun for everyone.
  3. Send things that you yourself would want to receive.
  4. Always include a Delivery Confirmation number and post it when you send the package.
  5. Always post what you receive from your swap partner.
  6. You will be required to replace a swap package that does not make it to your partner, for any reason. Also you'll be required to replace any item that arrive broken or lost in transit. Thank-you!
  7. New members will be required to send their trades first, for the first two swaps.

This month is always special to me since it was my Mom's name ... June. :o)

The swap this month is to send 4 items to your partner. Each item has to have a letter of 'JUNE' in its name or in a sentence saying something about what your sending. example:

J= Jacobs Ladder

U = Because you are beaUtiful.

I have chosen 3 Special themes that the Month of June is known for: Candy Month Dairy Month

Fight the Filthy Fly Month

WHAT YOU ARE SENDING:

2 items plants or bulbs.

1 item having to do with Junes Special themes.

1 item is of your choosing.

AND a short note to your partner explaining how your choices relate to the spelling of June.

Please send your box out early enough so your partner receives it before the end of the month.

Let's have fun!

sharon

Comments (396)

• smitties
    7 years ago

Annie, so glad you enjoyed your birthday surprise. I received the seeds in the Fostess swap and thought since they were on your list, I would share. I imagine they are going to be pretty in both our gardens.

My husband is doing much better and thanks for asking. His meds are all in line and working 100%.

Margo

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    7 years ago

Your welcome! Glad you liked the labels. I couldnt find the same label number so I got a close one. So they are not aligned to the label right. For those of you who want the pdf version so you can make more let me know, and I will email it.

• Related Discussions

NEW: new: obf april "a taxxxxing month" swap

Q

Comments (149)
    Great....Michelle received from Dianne!!! Everyone sent and everyone received. BRAVO! Well, that is a wrap on A TAXXXXING MONTH!! I see that all prizes have been received except for Vina and Jeanne (A game). Jeanne, I checked your tracking...you should receive by/on Thursday of this week. Vina and Jeanne, no need to post here when you receive...to difficult to get on here. Just email me so I know you have it in your hot little hands! Has been a pleasure ladies!! Tata, Annie
    ...See More

new: obf june's special friend swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Shirley - #1 Sheri's box -( Sherri sent and I received). Sheri - #12 Susan's box - Jayeanne - #10 Shirley's box Nikki - #7 Sharon's box Erica - #8 Jasmine's box - (Jasmine sent) Sharon - #9 Beth's box Jasmine - #5 Jayeanne's box Laura - #11 Suzanne's box Suzanne - #3 Carol's box Beth - #4 Erica's box (Erica sent) Susan - #2 Nikki's Carol - #6 Laura's Sheri-I received your awesome box today...thank you so much for making our swap so much fun and putting together that wonderful box. I sure needed those labels and black sharpie pen. I potted all my goodies and can't wait to add them to my flower beds. I will think of another game. Night ladies Shirley
    ...See More

new: obf members august swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Time for a point update: Jayeanne - 3pts Mary - 3pts Promise - 1pt Laura - 1pt I have to admit that I was tempted to give Promise and Laura an extra point for having the plant, but then I decided that Mary and Jayeanne actually went to the effort of going to the store and taking a picture, which is a hell of a lot more hassle. So, everyone got a point! Monday's plant: Rose Bush.
    ...See More

NEW: obf october...."just be nice" swap

Q

Comments (150)
    GAME 3 UPDATE... "College FOOTBALL IS NICE" CLOSED....good luck to you all! *sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) 334 *bluee19 (Nicole) 427 *pinkiris (Jayeanne) 313 *EricaBraun (Erica) 350 *Smitties (Margo) 378 *NonnaG (Connie) 405 *ilovefarac (Melinda) 397 *skyblue52 (Susan) 417 *hibiscusfan (Suzanne) 279 *cottonwood468 (Mary E.) 365 *pmb2005 (Promise) 450 *panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri) 455 *sguanzon (Sue G.) 343 *dmkelly (Dawn) 421 *brittneysgran (Shirley) 435 *********************** GAME 2 "IN MY OWN WORDS"........ The following OBFERS have emailed me their votes. Any OBFER can vote whether you submitted an entry or not. Mary E., if you sent me an email with your vote, I did not receive. Promise Jeanne Nicole Melinda NonnaG Hibiscusfan smitties Erica Sheri Jayeanne I believe I replied to all of you who voted that I "Got It". If I missed anyone let me know! *********** BINGO TIME.... "NICE BINGO" We have a guest fetcher today. Great Dane "Chip" has done the honors this morning......and it took a few treats for him to do it....good boy Chip! Then he got the hang of it and chose a third one just for you! 38. Snickers Bar 8. Make A Difference Day (October 25) 16. Courteous Previously fetched...... 35. World Smile Day (October 3) 48. National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day (October 14) 21. Nice Guys Finish Last…or do they? 7. Heath Bars *********************************** Must run... Annie
    ...See More
  • Pmb2005
    7 years ago

Annie, thank you for the card and seeds. Lovely surprise!

Nikki, thank you for the card and address labels! It means a lot to me that you took the time to make them. Very nice!

Our dryer has quit working, and for now we have put up a clothes line. That's a lot of domestic work!!! At least I have my garden to look at while I'm out there.

Since Saturday, I've walked 22 miles!!! Whew! I'm trying to set a personal record and then break it. Anyone have a fitbit?

June is almost gone! What a great month. Thank y'all for helping me celebrate my birthday. You're awesome!

Promise :)

• smitties
    7 years ago

Just checked on the dc and my package was delivered today. The post office was quick for once and actually got it there in two days. Hopefully outlets didn't float away with all the rain everyone is getting. I emptied 4 inches of rain from the rain gauge after Saturdays rainfall

Margo

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Good to hear some are getting rain, we sure need rain badly. Our grass is starting to turn brown. I do keep my plants watered but can't water the grass while the plants are getting watered.

Please pray for me Thursday when I go back to the Dr. If they don't tell me I can walk on this foot I may have a nervous breakdown. 10 weeks since I have walked on it, if someone had asked me could I do this I would have answered no way. I guess we can do anything to get better.

Promise-Congratulations for 22 miles...WOW. That is something else I miss so very much plus my kick boxing class and volleyball games. Believe it or not I hang my clothes out and love it. The sheets have got to be line dried no matter what. Sometimes if it is raining I will dry towels and wash cloths.

Margo-Glad to hear DH is doing good.

Shirley

• cottonwood468
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

J ust when you thought she would wait until June 30th

U nusual package is on its way to Margo.

N o catnip, but the (Dec) kittens were too much help packing!

E njoy everything, especially the one that begins with "E".

Fight the Filthy Fly? Read classic book by J. Allen Boone Kinship With All Life. Nonfiction. A writer is enlisted to care for Strongheart, the famous German Shepherd Dog actor of early films. One thing leads to another, adventure, comedy, drama, stranger in a strange land, a quest.

Yes, Margo's package arrived late afternoon. Haven't had a chance yet to open it. Mary

• smitties
    7 years ago

Shirley, I sure wish we could get some of this rain to you. I am watching the news right now and the communities with full basement of water and no insurance because you have to have separate coverage for flooding. Thankfully, we don't have any problems like that here. We are due some lighter amounts tomorrow.

I will pray that only good news comes your way on Thursday and I will be thinking of you. The days must go by so slow for you just waiting to be able to walk again.

Margo

• skyblue52
    7 years ago

Good morning Girls Glad to see everybody here. Oh Shirley I will have my fingers crossed on a good progress report. Kickboxing y

ou are an interesting woman. Nikki those labels are the cutest . Thank you. That is the 2nd time this month I have been wished happy birthday. Promise , congrads on the walking goal. I should post lily pics. But I am canning today. Stay safe

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Shirley -- I'll keep you in my prayers for your upcoming Dr. visit. I know that it's been a long road, and I do truly hope they have good news for you this time.

• smitties
    7 years ago

Mary, I hope you had a chance to open your package as it has several small starts to get in the ground. I hope you like it all. Margo

• cottonwood468
    7 years ago

Yes, the plants are in good shape. There are beautiful things included, like rooting hormone. The seeds are borage, blanket flower Sombrero Hot Coral, Basil Emily and Basil Genovese. The plants are Garlic Chives, Sage, Thyme, Lime Thyme, Orange Mint and a blanket flower. Basil and the citronella candle might repel flies. Margo, thank you so much, these plants are all new to me. Mary and the entire Junebug litter.

• smitties
    7 years ago

Mary, glad you liked it. You didn't by any chance but one of those tiny little sweeties in the box you sent, did you? LOL

Looks like those plants needed a good soaking. Hope they perform well for you. I especially love my lime thyme. How they do that, I'll never know but it smells just like lime. Will let you know when I get my package. Margo

• cottonwood468
    7 years ago

No, but they will be available in two weeks. Oh, I took a tiny leaf of Lime Thyme and smelled it, twice already. The plants are in good shape. The blanket flower looks a little crisp in the picture, I had put it in water in a west facing window. Now it's potted up in dirt, but I'm giving it a shade break. The others are fine. Mary

• ruthz
    7 years ago

Just popping in to say Hi. I have been following your fun swap this month even though I didn't join in.

Shirley and Promise, what fun to meet at Delano Daylily farm. We went there for the first time last year and I'm hoping we can go again next week. This time I'm taking a list of the ones I might be interested in. Did y'all take home any special finds? I do love the Amish market there too. And then we always have to make at least one trip to Mercier Orchards while we're in TN/GA.

Nikki, thank you for the pretty birthday card and I love the Ladybug address labels. That was so sweet and a really nice surprise.

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Sorry everyone,we had Internet problems for a couple days.

Shirley, wishing for the very best outcome for you tomorrow!

Promise,fantastic on the 22 miles! No I don't have a Fitbit, but it seems like a ton of people do. And they like them.

Mary, what a great box you received from Susan.

I hope I have this right, we are just waiting for Susan to receive her package from Mary.

I will be sending out all the prizes next week.

Sharon

• skyblue52
    7 years ago

Good morning I would love Mary as a swap partner . But not this time. I got a wonderful DIY succulent plant planter from Dawn.The chocolates from Utah were amazing. Great swap this month.

• smitties
    7 years ago

Mary's box was from me and I was just waiting for Mary's box to arrive to me which it did today. What a great box. It just seemed to be bottomless as I kept pulling item after item out. Not only was it filled to the brim, it was one of the best packed boxes I have ever received. Mary had actually taped wired butterflies to the top of the box in such a way that they seems to fly out as I opened it. She went way out of her way to pack everything so carefully and things were so nicely wrapped as well.
    Inside the box was
    a frog shelf sitter that sets very nicely on the corner of our shelving unit
    2 organic gardening magazines which I am anxious to read
    Bookmark from the museum shop
    Bag of lifesaver mints which are my favorite and I have been out for awhile
    Set of blank note cards with butterflies and flowers, will definitely use these
    Red clover and tea homemade soap, I love homemade soaps and smells great
    Ghirardelli milk chocolate caramel candy bar, hidden away for myself. :)
    Cute little turtle pin that I will wear to work
    Seeds, livingstone daisy mix and pennyroyal

the following plants were nicely packed inside as well
    lemon balm
    Japanese parsley
    Egyption walking onion bulb
    Sea holly, rattlesnake master
    Large coral bells plant

Mary, you way outdid yourself with the box and definitely more than generous. Thank you so much. I am on my way outside to plant all my goodies.

Margo

• cottonwood468
    7 years ago

Oh, the candy, we gobbled that up like wildebeasts after an especially long migration through drought country.

Tomorrow, Shirley, we've got you covered.

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Shirley, hoping todays Doctor appointment brings you good "walking" news!!! I am praying that all goes well for you!!!!

Thanks to Sue G....I received very Happy Birthday wishes and Spanish Flag seeds.......very nice....thanks so much! Hope you are doing well!

Has anyone talked to Melinda (ilovefarac)? I hope she is OK. I emailed her several weeks ago and did not hear back.

Happy Thursday. Happy July 4th to all. Be safe!!

Annie

• Pmb2005
    7 years ago

Sue G, thank you for the card and seeds! Nice surprise.

Melinda is having computer problems.

Thinking of you at the Dr. today Shirley.

Promise

• bluee19
    7 years ago

Sending hugs to u Miss Shirley and hoping for GREAT NEWS!!!

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Nice packages being received ladies....way to go.

Well today is the day and I'm a bit nervous. I will be returning to work Monday July 6th so pray I can walk and not have to be on this knee scooter. I can visit the Farmers Market in Asheville after my appointment.

Ruth-You are only 2 hours away from where I live when you visit Delano Daylilies. No one can believe I am still buying daylilies when I have over 1,000. It's an addiction for sure. I've never been to Mercier Orchards. Funny story when we were coming home from Delano's and was coming through Murphy, NC we saw a Daylily Farm sign so I wrote their number down and called them this week. I called the Stiles's and the lady told me they had around 200 daylilies but the deers had eaten all the blooms off. She is now coming this Saturday to see mine, daylilies bring so many gardeners together.

Shirley

• Pmb2005
    7 years ago

Your daylilies are beautiful Shirley! You have a sea of them!

• skyblue52
    7 years ago

Shirley I would spend my days staring in the eye of every daylily. What a wonderful field of color.

• ruthz
    7 years ago

Good Luck today Shirley.

Your daylilies are beautiful and it looks like you have your own daylily farm. I only have about 70, but have decided to only buy "must haves" except for my visit to Delano Daylilies. I just don't don't have the room. I love that area. I grew up in North Georgia and Tennessee.

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Shirley -- Keeping you in my thoughts today. I hope you get the news you're wanting from your doctor. And your daylilies are lovely! I particularly like that one on the bottom. So, beautiful!

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

Shirley, prayers for you and good results! Beautiful daylilies!

• sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

Beautiful daylilies, Shirley. You have a magnificent garden. I hope you got a god report at the doctor's office.

Happy Independence Day to everyone! It's almost here.

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

So blessed, I got the news I wanted to hear but boy is it hurting to walk on my foot. This will take months to get back where I was before the surgeries. They did tell me not to overdo and walk on it awhile and then get off of it. I never dreamed it would be this difficult, I will just take one day at a time.

Thanks Everyone for liking my daylilies as one Guy put it one day this must be what Heaven will look like. I told Eddie this afternoon some have completely bloomed out and others have only half their blooms to go now. So sad to see the last blooms.

Ruth-I remember you saying you grew up in North Ga/Tn. It is so beautiful both in GA and TN. When Eddie and I got married we moved to Atlanta, GA and stayed 13 years before we moved back to NC. Steve and Karen at Delano's don't have all the daylilies they had last year. The Canadian Hybridizers came and picked up their daylilies they were testing to see how they would perform in the South.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Shirley, so happy, happy, happy that you were given the go ahead to do some walking........one day at a time is tough but you can and will do it!!!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel..............finally! The light is dim but it is there......

Annie

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Shirley -- That's great that you were told you can start walking on your foot again! Even though it's a bit unpleasant now, you're on the right track!

• skyblue52
    7 years ago

Happy 4th. Last year the sunflowers were lighting my garden. This year it is the tree lilies. Enjoy the show

• smitties
    7 years ago

Beautiful lilies everyone. Mine are doing a terrific job in blooming this year and I have a new awesome yellow one. I have no idea what any one them are called as most are either from trade or were labeled "assorted". I love them all but they don't last very long. :(
    Shirley, good news on the foot and keep it slow and easy. Enjoyed our 4th of July weekend with fireworks (from a distance as I hate the traffic) and bonfires both nights. Oldest son and youngest daughter was home with her fiance so that made it special. The wedding is only 2 months away now. Talk about a knot in my stomach.
    I hope everyone enjoys the day. Margo

• Pmb2005
    7 years ago

sguanzon, thank you so much for the card and seeds!

Awesome news on your foot Shirley.

• Pmb2005
    7 years ago

Ruth, your card came today with the awesome Prairie Verbena seeds! I'm soooo excited about these seeds. Thank you so much! The card is very lovely too.

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Ruth, thanks so much for the very cool birthday card.....three pink and black flowered boots with feathers....these boots are so me. And seeds, Love In A Mist Miss Jekyl Blend....perfect!

Happy July to all!

• mellen
    7 years ago

Cinnie0/Nikki,

Thank you so VERY much for the CUTE address labels. You are so sweet.

Mary Ellen/ME/Mellen

• cottonwood468
    7 years ago

Baker Creek code FALL free shipping on all orders, ends July 13th.

7 years ago

I think I found a place. Wish me luck. I need it. If I get this place I will be struggling for the next couple of months. But I will have room for my plants and dogs.

7 years ago

The place was a wreck. NO heating or cooling either. I guess Ill just keep looking.

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I will be sending out all the prizes today, so everyone start looking for them in a couple days. Please post here when you have received your prize so I know everyone has received theirs.

Winners of the games.

Fill in the Blanks - Nicole Sent and received.

Dog/Cat - Mary

Pet Bingo - Promise

Big Wind - Erica

2nd Fill in the Blanks - Nikki

Shirley, I'm so happy you were given the ok to walk on your foot. I know some days will be very trying for you, but here is some advice I was given ...

• Take it one day or one hour or one minute at a time.
    • Keep breathing.
    • If you can, journal about your struggle. Once in a while look back at your journal, sometimes that is the only way to see your true progress.

Truly, this advice has worked for me.

Beautiful pictures everyone. My garden is in full bloom and I'm loving it!

Margo, a wedding in 2 months ... how wonderful!

Nikki, keep looking, you will find it.

We had a wonderful 4th of July Week. We were at the cottage with friends and family. It was a very FULL week. We had a Birthday, Graduation, and a an Engagement to celebrate and of course the 4th! Our daughter made it in from Boston for a couple of days ... that was the best part!

Been missing all of you these last couple of days ... seems so funny after a month of being here everyday.

sharon

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Sharon -- A million thank yous for the fabulous prize you sent. I know you have others going out, so I don't want to ruin the surprise for the other winners. Suffice it to say, that I am beyond thrilled!

7 years ago

Sharon - I got my prize today. Thank you so much!

• Pmb2005
    7 years ago

Sharon, thank you for the wonderful prize!

• skyblue52
    7 years ago

look at this cute fairy garden.

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

That's super cute! I love the wheelbarrow.

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Well, it looks like everyone received their prices.

So this concludes the June Swap.

sharon

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Susan that is darling...and the little green frog on the wheel is extra cute.

Sharon-That advise about the journal sounds wonderful, I will have to work on one.

Margo-I know you are so busy with the wedding coming up.

Night ladies 5:00 comes early.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Susan that is darling...and the little green frog on the wheel is extra cute.

Sharon-That advise about the journal sounds wonderful, I will have to work on one.

Margo-I know you are so busy with the wedding coming up.

Night ladies 5:00 comes early.

Shirley

• cottonwood468
    7 years ago

Sharon, thank you for the prizes! June swap was great!

OBF friends, I am using my alternate mailing address, the extra one on the OBF list: 60053.

I love seeing all the garden pictures. Mary