SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Disappointed in my new Nutri Ninja

Alisande
8 years ago

As I mentioned on another thread, I found pieces of hard plastic in the first drink I made in the Nutri Ninja. I looked through some Amazon reviews, and found a couple of references to the same thing. One reviewer said not to worry--it happens only with the first drink. How reassuring!

Since I bought the unit mostly to make fruit popsicles for my grandsons, I didn't want to risk that happening again. I called the manufacturer to see what they had to say about it. Predictably, the response was that the plastic must have come from one of my smoothie ingredients.

On the possibility that the reviewer was right about this being a one-time event, I filled the cup about a third of the way with water and turned the unit on. The result was not good. My nice, clear water had turned grey and cloudy, with tiny black and grey specks in it. I photographed it, and then dumped it out and took a picture of fresh water. Although you can't see the specks in photo #1, the difference between the two is pretty clear. Or should I say cloudy?

I'll include these photos with my return request to Amazon.

Comments (22)