SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steph2000

Best bathroom fan - automatic turn on/off?

steph2000
8 years ago

We are in the beginning stages of figuring out a bathroom remodel. It's classic project creep as the bathroom has gotten disgusting just as we gutted the kitchen (what's that about, anyway?!?).

Anywho, we are going to be doing a bunch of electrical and drywall work soon and it just makes sense to deal with the bathroom at the same time. We have a tiny standard bathroom (you know, the old small ranch bathroom that just fits a tub/shower, small vanity and a toilet all on one wall with just enough room to stand in the room in front of the mirror dimensions). I'd like to get a fan that will turn on and off automatically and detect humidity. Our current fan is on a timer, but it is not being religiously turned on and too often, people are only using the buttons for 5 or 10 minutes when they do use it. I'm pretty sure it should stay on longer than that...but not up to being the bathroom fan police. Thus, the idea that it would be great if it was automatic.

I'm open to having a light on it. Or even heat. Right now, the fan is centered in the middle of the small room, right under the only place to stand basically. I guess it makes sense to leave it that way and not have to mess around with the ventilation in the attic? Otherwise, I might prefer it in the actual tub/shower area.

Quiet seems appealing, though I get the point from those who want some fan noise so that they can allow some bathroom discretion for guests.

Any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance!

Comments (13)