SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zarkrey

Crown molding gaps in Kitchen... would YOU caulk it?

Sarah Jorgensen
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Hi Design friends! I need help! We have just had a new kitchen installed nice white cabinets with crown molding... Slight problem in that as is typical, the ceiling is not even so there are small gaps that makes the crown molding look odd. They are big enough that you notice them, but not so big that I though caulking would be a good idea. The crown molding is flush on the ceiling, there isn't suposed to be gap. Our contractor is telling us that if we caulk the crown molding we will have to also paint it AND the crown molding so it doesn't look weird. He also says this will mean we loose our "shadow effect" of the crown molding. Since the crown molding is flush on the ceiling, I'm not sure how much "shadow effect" we actually have... Our ceilings are white as are the cabinets and the crown molding. I'm not sure if this will look weird, all I know is that the gaps look like a horrible installer did the work. We paid a lot of money for the cabinets and really want them to look great. Please help!

Comments (19)