SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madabouteu

Fall swap - Gadsden?

madabouteu
8 years ago

For those who were not there for the Spring Swap - the State Park personnel did not allow us to drive to the pavilion we had rented, so we had to walk about 50 yards from the nearest parking area. This caused major problems for me and was aggravating for the others; we had to do the swapping in the parking lot rather than at the pavilion, then tote our food a considerable distance.

Because of this, we discussed having the fall swap at the Master Gardener grounds in Gadsden, where we had it several years ago. This would have several advantages. There is of course a shaded area if it is hot, but now we own a building and if the day is rainy we could hold the swap indoors. There is also a refrigerator to store food and drinks, and of course a restroom. If we decide to do so, we can instead eat at nearby restaurants.

I have already checked with the main person who might object to us having access to the area and she is OK with the idea. I still would need an OK from the President of the Etowah County Master Gardeners Assn., but that is really just a formality. Let's discuss this, see if everyone is OK with this. And of course there would be no fee.

Comments (12)

Sponsored