SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavendar

How to keep from gaining weight during kitchen remodel?

Lavender Lass
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We are just starting our remodel...it's mainly buying items to replace the base cabinets were taking out. So far, it looks like a vintage thrift shop in my front room! LOL

But...I was wondering with the torn up kitchen, stress, delays, make shift cook areas....is this a huge red flag for weight gain?

I am on a mission to drop a few pounds this summer (too much stress the past few years) and while I didn't gain tons of weight, I would like to lose a dress size or two. So, my idea was a week or so ago to give up a few things until June 21. They include alcohol, soft drinks and ice cream.

Not only is this really helping me lose a few pounds, but now that it's spring we can get outside again, garden and get more exercise. I know remodels can be stressful, but ours is relatively small (just new subfloor and replacing some base cabinets) and the rest is cosmetic.

So...any other tips? Things that did/did not work during your remodel? And don't get me wrong...I am not advocating too thin, just healthy, happy, easy to get out and do things weight :)

Comments (9)