SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gayle_roberts

Advice on exhaust hood for 30" NXR range

Gayle Roberts
8 years ago

At the suggestion of members over in the Kitchen Forum, I'm cross-posting this question here. I'm looking for advice on which wall-mounted range hood to purchase for a new NXR 30" range. The NXR has four 15,000 BTU burners. My existing kitchen has a 6" vent pipe with a couple of jogs before it reaches the roof so I'm estimating I need a vent hood with a rating of 700 cfm or more. Like many here, I'm on a bit of a budget, so below are the options I'm currently looking at and would love your input. I should also add while I cook daily, I'm single and typically use only 1 or 2 burners at a time. The oven gets used mostly on the weekends, and the full range is typically used for the rare annual event. (Also, my kitchen has very good existing ventilation and MUA is not an issue.)

1. 30" NRX hood and matching chimney cover. $685

Best performing overall option. 4 speeds: 400 to 1000 cfm, 1.4 to 8 sones. 24" deep. However, I would need to have a new 8" vent pipe installed to the roof, which would make it a significantly more costly than the options below.

2. 30" Kobe RA-02. $946

Best performing option with existing 6" vent. 3 speeds: 300 to 760 cfm, 1.8 to 5.4 sones. 24" deep. I'm leaning towards this option.

3. 30" Kobe RA-094. $888

Quietest vent with most flexible speed controls. 6 speeds: 300 to 760 cfm, 1 to 6.0 sones. 20" deep. My kitchen is a narrow 45" wide galley design, and while the above two options offer better range coverage, this vent would fit better my limited space. Given my cooking style, could I get away with it? Is it worth purchasing for better speed controls?

If you have any advice, or suggestions of other hood vents to look at, I'm all ears. Thank you!

Comments (2)