SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_mcgrath45

Plant ID Please

Paul McGrath
8 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and relatively new to gardening (I live in a tenement flat so have been learning in my parents wee cottage style garden). My Mum has a knack of getting bargain plants in garden centres at a fraction of their marked price and the plant I hope someone can ID is one of these "bargains". Neither of us can remember the name of the plant although I do have a recollection of the instructions saying it required full sun and had red flowers. We've only had it since last autumn so haven't seen it bloom yet. I'm interested in just about everything plant related although at the moment Clematises are my favourites - we put in a number of plugs last autumn with varying degrees of success - i realise that it normally takes about the 3 years for them to get going (year 1 sleep, year 2 creep and year leap) patience has never been my strong point :)

Anyway here's the plant - it's the one standing tall (well it would be if I hadn't moved it last night, the leaves are softly hairy. I wondered if it's some sort of poppy as that what the leaves look most like to my untrained eye.

So any help would be much appreciated.

All the best.

Paul

Comment (1)