SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
efoxybear

tween acccessories?

granny crochet
8 years ago

as a granny I need advice on accessorizing a tween grdaughter for dance (5th grade) dress canary yellow w/ sm rhinestones on shoulder straps shoes sandal w/sm rhinestones what color should fingernails, toes and lips be?

Comments (6)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    8 years ago

I was thinking sheer pink for the lips/nails too.

granny crochet thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • party_music50
    8 years ago

Let her choose!

• wildchild2x2
    8 years ago

Sheer pink ,peach or lavender. The almost neutral tones of those shades. The bright color of the dress is enough. Everything else should be subtle and complimentary.

granny crochet thanked wildchild2x2
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    8 years ago

Any of the bright young fun colors would be fine on her toes, they don't have to match her makeup. She could do green, blue, red hot, however she would like to express herself there....

granny crochet thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • plllog
    8 years ago

I agree with Morz8 about the fun colors toenails. For the fingernails, buffed and shiny, but no polish, would look nice with the outfit, or a pale, natural pink. I get the sparkles, but with them, adding more can so easily go to overdone. Lips would be nice with a sheer pink or frosted gloss. If you look at the styling for the current crop of canary and rhinestone dresses (it's a popular trend), you'll see a lot of fresh faces (no make-up look), simple nails, minimal jewelry, if any, The point is that the color and sparkles are "unnatural" and make a nice setting and contrast for the natural beauty of the wearer.

I hope she has a marvelous time!

granny crochet thanked plllog
Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022