SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpetrex

38 years old and new to this...

lpetrex
8 years ago

hi everyone,

i just received some numbers back from my gyno's office (missed the gyno herself - she's gone for the day) and i was hoping that you might provide some insight into them.

i'm only 38, but haven't had a cycle in 4 years... i discovered my high FSH back when i was 29/30, so the early menopause thing isn't a shock to me. i'm just having trouble deciphering what the numbers mean... my gyno will call me back tomorrow, but i hopped online to see what i could find out before then. here are my results from yesterday's draw:

estrogen = 14.44

FSH = 135.4

Testosterone = 5.4 & 8.4 (there were 2 numbers and the receptionist wasn't sure what that meant)

does anyone have any insight into what this info could mean treatment wise? the doctor i saw yesterday figured my testosterone would be low based on my symptoms (insomnia, lack of sex drive, irritability, no energy). she suggested a pellet treatment for the testosterone but i'm not sure if that will change now that she see's my estrogen is low (that's a low number right?).

any insight into this would be greatly appreciated... i'd like to make the most of the telephone conversation tomorrow! :)

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional