SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aigredoux

Help with window treatment for kids' rooms

Butternut
8 years ago

My kids' rooms have 4 windows each. They big triple windows face the front of the house and are east facing. My 3 yo son is my early riser and is light sensitive - he'd be up with the sun every morning if I let him. He has currently wood blinds and a valance but I don't think it's dark enough. So I'd like their rooms to be DARK when I want them to be.

I'm thinking a combo of blackout drapes on the sides plus some sort of shade or blind. I'm having an issue with these triple windows. We used blindsgalore or blinds.com in our current house and liked the products.

The problem with these windows is that they are not very deep. I think I will have to get an outside mount shade. But is it going to look funny with the valance on the frame and then the curtain rod above? I was thinking something rather plain, but a huge wide roller shade looks really industrial. They have some woven wooden shades that can have blackout fabric added? Or a roman shade? Still not sure how the outside mount valance is going to ever look right.

Here is the room (not my furniture):

Comments (10)