SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prskier17

John Deere LX279 or GT235

9 years ago

I'm looking at both of these used models tomorrow and am looking for feedback based on my intended use:

We have a little over 1/2 acre with some slope for a walkout basement. There are quite a few obstacles and trees to mow around. I plan to only use this for mowing and plan to bag. I found the following two machines for roughly the same price:

1. 2000 LX279 - Original owner, photos look extremely clean and well cared for. Plastic is all intact, etc. Liquid cooled Kawasaki engine, 42c deck w/ bagger (non power flow).

2. 2001 GT235 - Not original owner, photos look to be in above average condition but not as nice as the LX279. The top of the hood is missing a large piece (a new hood w/ decals would cost around $200 if my search is accurate). Air cooled Briggs enginer, 48c deck w/ bagger (non power flow I believe), front mount thatcher.

So.... for my intended usage is the liquid cooled Kawasaki better than the Briggs? 42c or 48c better for a smaller lawn? I don't know if the beefier transaxle in the GT235 would be useful? What are you thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES