SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thefarmhouse80

Northern exposure paint color dilemma in my master bedroom

Elizabeth James
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have a Northern exposure bedroom. All of my furniture is white and the walls are an antique white. All of my accessories are white or an off white. Although the room looks soothing, it doesn't have any life to it. The only color comes from the wood floors.

I believe there is also some Southeast light coming in from one side of the bedroom, but not much as that window is within a covered patio.

As what seems so typical in Northern facing rooms, there are so many shadows on the walls. I seem to notice them even more with the antique white paint color.

If I add colorful accessories to bring color to the room, all that you notice are those accessories.

I love my white furniture and it is the only furniture color that looks good in my bedroom. Also, wood furniture just turns orange from what natural light comes into the room.

I've had BM Goldtone in my bedroom before this present color. Although it looked good, I'm tired of it.

I have always wanted to have a blue bedroom. Can you suggest a blue or blue green paint color that would work with my exposure?

I am open to any color suggestions, although I do not like orange or red or dark colors.

My bedroom is American farmhouse/country style, but in white. I also love the ocean and the colors of it.

Comments (3)