SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini

3 Year Anniversary

a2gemini
8 years ago

It is hard to believe that it has been 3 years since my kitchen was completed - although, I made my last major tweak during art fair last summer. I kept looking for just the right 3-dimensional art for my cathedral ceiling in the sun room and found the perfect item for the area.

There were a lot of finished kitchens in 2012. I am sure I am missing a few - but here are a few names. I am not sure how many still follow the forum. I still love looking at new ideas even though I hope this is my "forever" kitchen.

Poohpup and I started demolition on the same day. Pooh finished first. She was a definite inspiration. Fouramblues, Christine40, Springeroz, SecondHalf were part of the 2012 kitchen year.

Badgergal was so helpful on convincing me to stay the course on my handles. Williamsem, CGKM, Fouramblues were all helpful in many ways. Can't forget GrumpyDave's NYC kitchen, Colorfast, and Jody_Jean. MizLizzie has the same tile in her kitchen and hoping it is holding up. HollyKay was very generous and sent me a NeverMT. I hope her cabinet problems resolved.

I am sure I missed a few peeps. I learned so much from this wonderful group. I do wish I had found it before I ordered my cabinets - I did OK for a rookie. I also had the pleasure of meeting a few in real life over the past few years.

What I still love about my kitchen - My drawers (even though I had to have the one modified due to weight), my Silgranit sink, the Wolf induction cooktop and the overall layout, although I would have loved another 15-20 inches between the fridge and ovens. I also love my Boos cart. It adds flexibility to the kitchen. The Boos cart was purchased on Craigslist.

All appliances have undergone some repairs except for the induction cooktop. Flux had issues with the ice maker. Wolf oven had 2 MDL errors - fortunately no porcelain chipping, Advantium turn motor lost a pin, and Miele needed a minor fix - they left me with an extra filter - so now, I just swap them and put the dirty one in the next DW run.

What would I do differently. I still like my Cambria - I was pretty close minded about granite - but might consider in the future. It was my germaphobe mode. I would consider drawers under the sink - I really never fixed the under sink area. Everyone raved about my floor - which was the original floor and drove many decisions - It might have been a good idea to replace the floor at the same time as I doubt it will live as long as the kitchen - but for now - it is fine.

Most of you have seen lots of pictures - so just a couple reminders for the newbies. There is a pull out pantry to the left of the fridge and a pantry closet in the same vicinity.

The sunroom with an east exposure. It also has south windows.

The wall art - not a great picture - this can be seen from the seating area looking into the kitchen. They look better in real life but pull in the warmth of the kitchen plus the red from the sun room cushions.

The drawer fix - I can put 12 plates in the lower drawer but split some to put in the top section.

Front view

Boos cart

Comments (19)