SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anneelk

Need Advice on Pendant over Kitchen Sink

anneelk
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We're in the middle of a whole house reno and are a bit stuck on pendant lighting over the kitchen sink. We are looking to put in one pendant over the sink, which has two windows above it (56" total width). Cabinets are standard size. We found the perfect light at Schoolhouse Electric but we're not sure on what size shade to get. Talked to someone at Schoolhouse Electric and they recommended a 10" shade but we're not sure if a 12" wouldn't look/'fit' better in the space, seeing as there are two windows. I've mocked up some paper shades (too hard to get a good feel for the shade with just a 2d drawing) but we're still undecided. Am going to try the balloon mock up next.

If anyone has any pictures (I've scoured the web but can never seem to find the actual shade size info in any of the pics I've found) of 10" and 12" pendants over kitchen sinks, could you please post them and ANY/ALL advice is appreciated too.

Also, our ceilings are 8', and we're thinking of hanging the light so the bottom of the shade is 23" from the ceiling, which puts it 37" off the counter. It seems like a good height to us ... thoughts?

Comments (3)