SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waverly_priest

backyard help-- almost blank slate. Zone 7/8 Rock Hill SC.

Waverly
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

the first is the view from a major road from where you turn into the neighborhood, and you can see the whole back yard.

here is a side view of the back yard from in front of the house across the road. Notice how you can see across 3 backyards.

Here's another view that shows the sloping side yard. We've been working on that grass trying to make it nice! The front yard has a maple and a crepe myrtle, a burning bush 3 knockout rose bushes and 2 endless summer hydrangea.

the house faces east-ish, that side yard faces north and that back yard is west with scorching afternoon/evening sun so some kind of shade is definitely needed. soil is solid red clay.

Anything I do has to be approved by an HOA. I'm interested in possibly a fence but am limited somewhat by cost. I'm also thinking maybe a row of leyland cypress across the back? my dream yard would include a deck, a pergola, a fig tree and a bunch of peony plants and a little more privacy. the deck and pergola will be probably be expensive and probably have to wait... As far as privacy goes, we do like to sit on that little back porch and watch birds/neighbors/cars/clouds so i don't want to completely close it off.

Comments (17)