SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Shutter color continued, finding the perfect teal

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Next week the shutter guy is coming to wash the house and paint the shutters. As you may recall, my thoughts to paint them as well as the front door teal got a big thumbs ups. Well, dh didn't want to paint anything, especially the front door so we compromised. The door will remain white and shutters will get a new color. I've been looking for the right teal ever since but they're either too bright, too dark or too light. So here is what I have so far and I'm hoping someone with a better eye can either point me in the right direction or offer an opinion on this particular shade.

This putty color is the closest match I could find for our house color. It's Glidden Ruffled Feathers and is pretty close, but in certain lighting, our house color seems to have a slight undertone of green in it. It's the color we're painting the new shed.

This is the best shade of teal I have found so far, which is Valspar Island Blue, but the paint guy uses SW paint. When I put the sample next to the other shades of teal, it looks considerably less bright but my concern is that homes in the area are conservative with colors that blend into their landscaping. I love the teal, but we don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. If there is something you think would be better let me know too please! Just no plumb or purple, yellow or orange. Here is a new shot of the house, we live on a hill so it's a task to get one at a decent angle!

Comments (26)