SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gotchalksr

What to plant from seed in 4x8 box??

9 years ago

I have an empty box(May 1) in 6b and no solid idea of what to plant---preferably would like to sow from seed so I can stay organic. Sowing in beneficial plants/flowers would be something I would welcome as well(there is a yarrow plant in one corner from last year). Any suggestions with combinations to fill out the box? Information that may help is below.

The box is 4x8 and roughly 16 inches in depth(native clay soil below that), with a trellis along an 8 ft side. The location is full sun, though I could easily plant to incorporate plants that love shade. I planted tomatoes and and peppers last year with pretty good success for a first timer. My biggest issue was finding ways to use all the tomatoes and the first hand experience of having a garden, specifically a square foot garden. But sadly, I don't have a clue what would grow best starting now. I was thinking of attempting a watermelon, maybe carrots and onions, possibly a cucumber, butternut squash? I really don't know what is possible so that is why I am asking! I'll frankly try anything if I know I will eat it.

Comments (3)

Sponsored