SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theherd

Help with Tile issues in my bathroom project.

Hello all, My name is Dennis. My wife and I recently began an unscheduled bathroom remodel and we decided to go with a custom tile shower in classic 3x6 subway tile. Neither of us have ever done any tiling but decided to give it a shot ourselves as we have family and friends who have done this before. Our biggest mistake was to not have a design and a plan on paper and we are basically just winging it. We picked out some tile, ordered it and when it showed up it was 3x6 beveled subway tile. It looks amazing so we decided to just go ahead and get started. Now the problem we are having is finding trim pieces to match, (bullnose, etc.) I was told about Schluter products and found some locally that I thought would work to do the outside corners, the Jolly profile in white PVC. We are trying to keep the classic look and in white.

First question is has anyone installed the PVC white Schluter in a shower, and does it discolor? I know PVC has tendency to yellow over time and I DO NOT want that in my shower.

Second question. The bench we built has vertical outside corner and we are looking a installing 1/2 round or something to do that corner as an alternative to the Schluter. Can anyone suggest the name and measurement of the piece I am looking for?

Third, any ideas on the shower niche? Planned on using bullnose when wall tile went on, now I can't find any!

There are so many things I would do differently if had the chance, but alas, I do not. Tile is on and dry. not grouted though so I suppose a guy could rip them off and re do them.

Thanks for looking!

Comments (3)