SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maria_antonova92

Recently Planted tomato plant PROBLEMS.. please help

Maria Antonova
9 years ago

Hey,

I planted these tomato plants outside just yesterday. The minimum temperature here at night is no less than 9 degrees Celsius, so I'm kind of sure they are not cold.

This is my first time planting anything, so I don't really know much, but the plants just seem really sad to me. The leaves at the bottom of the plant are YELLOW and the top leaves' edges are turning BLACK.

There are NO BUGS on them, but the plants were quite big when I bought them so tried to plant them outside as soon as possible.

I cover them with a nylon sheet at night, so they don't get "frost bite" (not sure if this is the term).

I'm worried that the soil is not appropriate but i filled these huge pots with soil and changing it is just too difficult.

I used soil from a place near my house where a farm places the manure from the animals. I think the manure was very well rotted because I took soil from quite deep in the ground.

Also, it was a bit heavy, so I mixed it with some store bought soil to make it lighter.

SO, I'm not sure what the problem is. If anyone could help, I will b very very grateful.

Thanks

Comments (9)