SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellywodetzki

Advice needed: under cabinet lighting with in-built dimmer (not wall)

Pippin
8 years ago

I made the mistake of telling the contractor for my new kitchen reno that I didn't want an extra switch for the under cabinet lighting on my backlash - electrician now tells me it could have gone on another wall… doh (seems obvious now)

So this means I need to find under cabinet lighting (strip) that has a dimmer and on/off switch built in to the light - I want fully dimmable not just low/high/off and a warm soft light not the bright light some people like for task lighting (though at times I still will use it for task lighting as well as ambience - the kitchen is open plan with the dining room)

The ceiling lights are either 2700/3000 LED I believe - I was surprised when the electrician told me they were LED because they are a soft warm light (they are on a wall dimmer switch)

The lights will go under 30 inch cabinets either side of the range - only 2 cabinets

Any experts out there that can recommend? The electrician suggested Juno LED strip lighting (not sure if the built in dimmable ones come in 30 inch tho)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)