SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magdalenalee_gw

Pantry Beautification Complete!

MagdalenaLee
9 years ago

I have no idea how SunnyCottage painted her whole kitchen so fast. This little pantry took forever! But it's done, it was cheap, huge improvement and I couldn't be happier.

So when we built the house, the pantry was always meant to have a base cabinet but it didn't happen during the build. So the shelves were put in with space to allow for the cabinet. It's not shown in the before picture, but we had a free standing wire shelf under the built-in shelves. It looked terrible but was functional. Here's the before pic:

DH beefed up the shelves with a piece of trim and we purchased a cheap unfinished oak cabinet from Lowes. We had leftover tile from our laundry room reno and that's what we used for the counter top in the pantry.

The pantry is 5x7 (cabinet on the 5ft wall). Travertine tile, SW Oyster White on the walls and shelves (but different sheens), SW Brainstorm Bronze on the cabinet (thanks Aktillery9 for using it and Jlc712 for suggested it!), pulls and knobs with antique copper finish were left overs from kitchen. DH and I did everything ourselves, all told I think we spent about $350. DH wants to do under cab lighting but I think I'm done!

Comments (36)