SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jayferg

Area rug in path to sliding door to backyard??

jayferg
8 years ago

Hi All-

I am in the very beginning stages of planning out our kitchen remodel and I'm already thinking about details I probably don't need to worry about yet!

I am pretty sure we are going to go with travertine but I am worried about it getting scratched up under the dining room chairs. I know the logical solution to this is an area rug but if we go that route it will be halfway into the path to the sliding glass door to the backyard width wise and pretty close to the door length wise.

My main worry is people tripping on the rug, second is will it look ok aesthetically and third is all of the shedding from the wool ( I prefer not to go the synthetic route).

I actually like the idea of an area rug for color but just not sure if it is doable in the space. We could go with tile I suppose but I'm loving the travertine. I don't mind natural wear on the stone but I am worried about excessive wear from the chairs.

Or maybe there is some awesome felt for the bottom of the chairs that actually stays on that I have not come across yet (wishful thinking!)

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments (5)